Retail Experience Manager
7 days left
- Position Type
- Full Time
Job Title: Retail Experience Manager
Department: Retail (Badge & Sash)
Reports To: Senior Director, Product Programs and Retail
Status: Exempt, Full-time Supervisory
Location: Mableton, GA
The Retail Experience Manager oversees operations of all Girl Scout Badge & Sash, mobile pop-up, and online stores. This position is responsible for developing and executing a retail strategy to meet sales goals and increase overall retail earned revenue and supporting the Girl Scout Leadership Experience badge earning events. This position provides supervision for the Retail Experience Lead and a Retail Experience Representative.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure the efficient and effective operation of council retail, mobile, and online stores to meet annual sales objectives.
- Develop working relationships with Service Units, troops, and Program Department to coordinate troop badge earning events.
- Form partnership with organizations to serve as locations for mobile pop-up shops.
- Create and implement a seasonal merchandise plan and store planogram layout to ensure store is visually appealing, appropriately stocked and meets current retail trends.
- Review sales data to determine merchandising areas that require additional promotion and develop sales initiatives to reach sales goals.
- Evaluate girl membership data and re-order merchandise to ensure stores have proper merchandise inventory levels and product mix.
- Assist Merchandising Specialist with Annual Physical Inventory and develop tools for the team efficiently manage inventory processes.
- Assist the Senior Director with developing the annual operating budget and designing metrics and reports to facilitate management decisions regarding retail strategy and operations.
- Monitor stores to ensure their efficient operation (floor plans properly set per Girl Scout USA standard, sales and inventory controls in place, providing excellent customer service, proper handling of all monies, well organized stockrooms, etc.).
- Ensure staff is knowledgeable and up-to-date on the Girl Scout Leadership Experience.
- Assist the Senior Director with developing an annual marketing plan for retail merchandise, operations and services.
- Collaborate with other departments to determine and lead unique sales ventures (e.g. programming kits, camp kits, etc.)
- Develop strong working relationships with vendor partners to deliver cost-effective merchandise.
- Maintain a good working relationship with GSUSA Girl Scout Merchandising (GSM) Staff.
- Manage inventory database, credit card machines, Point of Sale system, and various IT systems utilized by Girl Scouts of Greater Atlanta.
- Must perform all other duties as assigned.
- Three to five years of retail management and management experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing, or related field or equivalent experience.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office suite required, OpSuite Point of Sales (POS) system preferred.
- Ability to plan, implement, and evaluate a complex and comprehensive sales and merchandise program.
- Proven experience in budget development, oversight and management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to quickly gain credibility and build trust of staff, cross-functional partners, volunteers, and partners.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, meet deadlines, and manage time efficiently.
- Proven experience meeting or exceeding sales goals.
- Must be a self-starter and work without direct supervision.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills with experience making data driven decisions.
- Demonstrated experience setting a vision and the ability to facilitate strategy execution.
- Strong consumer and customer service focus.
- Ability to coach and develop staff and create a positive team culture.
- Ability to handle difficult situations with volunteers tactfully while maintaining confidentiality.
- Valid drivers’ license and ability to drive Council vehicles.
- Preferred knowledge of Girl Scout organization.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including some holidays, nights and weekends.
- Ability to drive to all store locations.
Requires the physical mobility to sit, walk or stand for moderate periods of time and to occasionally carry or lift objects weighing up to 40 pounds.
*Must successfully complete a criminal, national sex offender search, motor vehicle and credit background check. *