Parent Services Coordinator - Bilingual English/Spanish
- Degree Level
Child Care Resource and Referral Agency
It is the policy of Quality Care for Children (QCC) that all employees shall receive an equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, national origin, age, marital status, or disability in employment.
Job Title: Parent Services Coordinator-Bilingual English/Spanish
Department: Parent Services
Supervisor: Director of Parent Services
Salary: Based on experience and education
The Parent Services Coordinator is responsible for broadly promoting Quality Rated Child Care and www.qualityrated.org. In addition, this position serves as the point person for identifying and participating in community outreach activities and providing resources to families that contact the ALLGAKIDS Call Center for consumer education and child care referrals.
Resource and Referral
- Educate parents on the types of child care available, including Quality Rated child care.
- Aid parents in identifying and selecting quality, affordable child care over the telephone, by email and through community events.
- Educate parents on Georgia regulations and suggest questions to ask potential child care providers.
- Provide quality customer service in a timely manner to parents utilizing active listening skills and knowledge of child care options, rules and regulations.
- Develop parent training designed to help parents navigate child care choices and to identify family engagement opportunities.
- Explore and develop online resources and activities for parents and children.
- Create and maintain statewide family resource guide.
- Serve as back up to Referral Specialists – responding to parent referral calls as needed.
- Support the Referral Specialists in updating child care provider profiles in the referral database.
Public Outreach Activities
- Support the Parent Services Department in promoting Quality Rated Child Care at statewide community events for families.
- Develop creative outreach methods such as informational flyers, e-blasts/posts, and social media communications promoting ALLGA KIDS and Quality Rated Child Care with the collaboration of the Director of Marketing. Monitor, maintain and purchase authorized QR promotional collateral materials.
- Promote Quality Rated Child Care serving as QCC’s outreach liaison by identifying and securing vendor space at family- centered community and statewide events.
- Assist Director in developing and maintaining relationships with child care providers and family serving community organizations in order to reach more families in need.
- Provide QCC presence by participating in local meetings held by other family serving agencies.
- Collaborate with other departments and managers.
- Assist Director in developing and maintaining parent quarterly newsletter.
- Provide translation services for parents, providers and staff of QCC.
- Keep accurate and updated records on all families that request non-child care related referrals such as home visits, parenting classes, child care financial assistance, and housing assistance, etc.
- Submit weekly activity report.
- Conduct family surveys.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in a relative field
- Knowledge/experience with early education state systems and initiatives including but not limited to public and private child care, Georgia Pre K, Head Start, Quality Rated, and CAPS
- Bilingual, with experience supporting dual language learners.
- Dependable transportation, valid driver’s license and insurance required
- Local, regional, and statewide travel required
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills
- Computer skills in Microsoft WORD, EXCEL, and POWERPOINT.
- Proven ability to work with diverse and underserved populations.
- Ability to manage own time, set priorities, work without direct supervision, and contribute to team atmosphere.
- Master’s degree from an accredited university.
- Case management experience.
- A comprehensive understanding of early care and education program settings.
- Experience working with diverse communities and sensitivity to needs and concerns of various cultural groups.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Sitting at the computer for 3 hours or more at a time.
- Speaking on the telephone for extended periods of time.
- Driving a motor vehicle for extended periods.
- Occasional overnight/hotel stays for work-related community events and or training.
- Lifting up to 25 lbs. during set-up and take-down of referral booth and other events.
- Attending some evening and weekend meetings and events.
- This is an office position with some field work and travel involved.
To Apply: Please e-mail HR@qualitycareforchildren.org your resume and 1-page cover letter (list applied position in the e-mail's subject line). Please include your name when titling email attachments.
Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
More searches like this
- Administrative / Clerical Human Services Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Direct Service / Social Service Human Services Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Education / Teaching Human Services Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Marketing / Communications Human Services Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Social Work / Counseling Human Services Full Time jobs in Atlanta