- Position Type
- Full Time
Job Title: Membership Recruiter
Reports To: Regional Manager
Salary: $38K Annually
Location: 100% Remote (Must be able to support Paulding County, GA)
The primary duty is to recruit and renew girl and adult members in our 34-county jurisdiction to meet the Council’s goals. The Membership Recruiter will use his/her network, and sales, and marketing expertise to strategically identify prospects, make effective presentations and utilize creative ways to increase the girl and adult membership of the Council. The Membership Recruiter is the dedicated sales force role within the organization. It is expected that the Membership Recruiter will spend 90% or more of his/her time in the field meeting with potential members and or setting up such meetings. They work cross-functionally with other departments and with volunteers to ensure that Girl Scouts of Greater Atlanta recruitment, retention, and business goals are met.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Recruitment of girls and volunteers
- Establish the appropriate volunteer support team to meet goals.
- Accountable for meeting (or exceeding) an annual membership goal for girl and adult members.
- Articulate the mission and promote the organization to all people in the council served area
- Utilize knowledge of community demographics in planning the girl and volunteer recruitment strategy with the volunteer team.
- Update plan annually and maintain current community profiles with local demographics and data.
- Establish a written plan for recruiting and renewing of girls and adults in the area.
- Timely follow up to place girls and adults in new/existing troops.
- Manage and nurture open leads generated from various campaigns.
Direct services to volunteers
- Know and be able to articulate the mission, leadership experience, key message points and brand for Girl Scouting.
- Analyze demographics and resources and use them in developing optimal delivery structure for the area including underserved girls.
- Plan recruiting, renewal, and community awareness activities.
- Evaluate member share, member potential and renewals for the area.
- Facilitate and supervise the volunteer management system as defined by the Council – recruit, place, recognize and promote diversity and pluralism.
- Accountable for creating, with the service unit team, an annual action plan which will result in meeting or exceeding goals for:
- Girl recruitment and renewals
- Adult member recruitment and retention
- Other goals as may be determined annually
- Identifies the need for and provides problem solving and conflict resolution when appropriate and in a timely manner.
- Provide excellent customer care and follow-up with volunteers.
- Willingness or ability to work flexible hours, including some nights and weekends
- Develop internal relationships to ensure cross functional projects are delivered as needed – working with other departments to provide an integrated delivery system to the volunteers, program delivery, and training for the area.
- Acts as the council subject matter expert for all items related to and impacting adult volunteers.
- Provides oversight and accountability for complying with council policies and procedures, including finances and governance.
- Keeps current on all council information and messaging that is offered to volunteers; act as a broker to distribute information between council staff and volunteers as needed.
- Promotes and supports the direction of council and national initiatives, working to create buy-in and adoption among volunteers.
- Partner with the fund development staff to support the implementation of the Parent’s Campaign in the region
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work well with people, network with volunteers and employees
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving abilities
- Proven organizational skills required
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well with a team and independently
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize each
- Ability to meet designated deadlines
- Demonstrates and always promotes a climate of courtesy and professionalism
- Maintains strict confidentiality when handling sensitive information
- Project coordination
- Knowledge of Girl Scout organization
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Must be Microsoft proficient
- Must successfully complete a criminal, motor vehicle, and credit background check.