7 days left
- Experience Level
POSITION TITLE: Accounting Manager
REPORTS TO: Assistant Controller
STATUS: Full-time, Exempt
OVERVIEW: Jewish Federation of Greater Atlanta (“Federation”) is continuing to build a diverse team of highly motivated and qualified individuals with a variety of skill sets to create a new model of 21st century community engagement and philanthropy. Federation is looking for candidates who are forward-thinking, motivated, customer service focused, have a positive attitude and enjoy working in an inclusive, fast-paced environment.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONS: Under the supervision of the Assistant Controller and working closely with the Controller, the Accounting Manager will be responsible for a variety of areas including cash management, grants accounting, incoming stock contributions, accounting for the Atlanta Jewish Foundation, and overseeing various audits and 990 preparation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for month-end transfer and recording of activity from other systems into primary accounting system
- Manage accounting and month-end close for the Atlanta Jewish Foundation. Record management fees and other transactions in the Foundation’s system, iPhi Stellar
- Daily management of stock contributions (sell, record proceeds, transfer funds, etc)
- Cash management, including disbursement oversight and initiation of electronic payments, and recording journal entries
- Ongoing management of Federation credit cards (P-Card)
- Manage electronic transactions including wire and ACH transfers
- Prepare all tenant and other billings and monitor collections
- Accounting and financial reporting of grants and pledge contributions and related expenditures
- Assist with balance sheet account reconciliations, account analyses, accrual calculations, and other schedules as needed
- Complete more complex audit schedules for annual audit and prepare first draft of financial statements for Federation and its supporting organizations
- Prepare 990 schedules for Federation and its supporting organizations
- Oversee and prepare schedules for the Health and Welfare Trust audit and 5500
- Tax return preparations including Form 990 and Form 5500
- Respond to auditor and tax professionals’ inquiries as needed
- Monitor and reconcile several accounts, including unapplied funds, intercompany accounts receivable/payable, and monitor the allowance for bad debt
- Cross-train with other accounting department team members
- Collaborate and interact with various members of Federation’s professional staff, prospective and current donors, and other members of the community
- Maintain confidentiality of all information pertaining to donor and Foundation operations
- Promote the mission of Federation through superior customer service and the efficient use and care of resources
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree required. CPA and/or Master’s degree strongly preferred. Public accounting experience and/or 10+ years accounting experience, nonprofit experience strongly preferred. Audit and Tax schedule preparation experience is required, ideally in non-profit. Strong Microsoft Excel skills required including pivot tables and Vlookup; proficiency in other Microsoft Office products. Experience with Abila MIP a plus. Ability to quickly learn financial software. Proven success in fast-paced environments and customer/donor relationships. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Minimal physical effort required with intermittent standing and walking and prolonged periods of sitting in meetings or at desk working with computer.
* Jewish Federation of Greater Atlanta provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and prohibits discrimination with regard to race, religion, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.