Associate Director, Marketing - HIV & Health Equity
- Position Type
- Full Time
We strongly encourage people of color, transgender and non-binary people to apply. HRC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone, including non-LGBTQ people, to join our team.
The Associate Director, Marketing of the HIV and Health Equity Program supports the HRC Foundation's work, specifically the HIV & Health Equity (HE) program, the Transgender Justice Initiative and the HBCU Program.
The primary focus of the position is to develop, manage and execute the marketing and advertising plans for HIV and health equity related programming and special projects that align with HRC’s commitment to ending the HIV epidemic, specifically in communities of color.
This is a two-year position with the possibility of additional time contingent on funding and reports to the Deputy Director of Digital & Marketing, working closely with the VP, Marketing and Partnerships and the Associate Director, HIV & Health Equity. This position has no direct reports, but may supervise interns/fellows and participates in both Marketing and Foundation meetings and projects.
- Collaborate closely with the HIV & Health Equity Associate Director and Director to develop and execute strategic marketing and advertising plans to create awareness of the work, expand youth engagement, strengthen community-based coalitions, and promote HIV-related public education campaigns
- Responsible for overall marketing strategy, including digital media efforts and brand management as it relates to the HIV & HE and HBCU programs, and the Trans Justice Initiative
- Draft, conduct and execute social media strategy and content as well as content for HRC’s website
- Lead projects from conception to implementation across owned, earned and paid media channels
- Initiate and manage the development of creative work across the marketing team including digital, social, video, and design and work closely with the communications team to align strategies and plans
- Work with external partner agencies (media and creative) as needed to develop and execute the HIV & Health Equity marketing and advertising plans
- Ensure brand integrity on campaigns and digital platforms
- Manage HRC’s analytics software
- Monitor digital trends in order to recommend and initiate improvements to our work
- Manage all aspects of project management using online forms and tools, including data imports and exports, quality control, technical and infrastructure needs
- Assist with the program evaluation activities and data analysis
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience), with five to eight years’ experience in marketing and/or advertising with a focus on digital media required
- Marketing experience in healthcare, public health or reproductive rights as well as engagement with communities of color strongly preferred
- Familiarity with social media platforms and other digital tools and a passion for using these tools to drive action and engagement required
- Creativity and an ability to create marketing opportunities is crucial
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to collaborate with both internal and external stakeholders
- Strong project management skills with a keen ability to manage multiple projects at once, meeting tight deadlines, in a fast paced environment
- Willingness to take on routine tasks as needed, team player, and brings a positive attitude to the work and the team
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, including proficiency in developing reports and website content development.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office applications (Word and Powerpoint), Google apps (Gmail, Google Docs and Drive), and social media and high aptitude for database applications
- Demonstrable success in organizing and managing projects which are multi-faceted and mission-driven
- Success in marketing, outreach and related relationship-building
- Strong interest in the rapidly changing LGBTQ equality movement and a working knowledge of LGBTQ issues.
- Flexibility with work schedule
- Some travel (around 10%) will be required (when it is safe to do so).
All positions at the Human Rights Campaign and/or the Human Rights Campaign Foundation may require travel on a regular basis or periodically. Where the need arises for business travel, appropriate compensation as outlined by the Fair Labor Standards Act will apply.
No phone calls or emails, please. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to queries about application status.