Campaign Manager (virtual)
- Position Type
- Full Time
UltraViolet is hiring a Campaign Manager (CM) to help us drive cultural and political change to advance an intersectional feminist agenda.
In 2012, UltraViolet was launched to harness the collective power of millions of people to advance women's equity through rapid-response digital organizing.
Since then, UltraViolet has been the premier national organization elevating all of the issues that impact women's lives across identity--from intimate partner and state violence to health care to economic policy--to a national audience. Our goal has been to expose sexism and rape culture by using rapid-response campaigns to create public accountability and advocate for solutions.
To do that, over the last eight years, we've built a sustained community of 1.2 million committed and engaged activists in every state and congressional district across the country, and ignited a new wave of feminist activism.
Moving ahead, UltraViolet will focus on building an intersectional feminist community online by creating compelling stories and offering ways to take action that center the voices and perspectives of women of color, Indigenous women, and LGBTQ people. It is these stories--from our members and our staff--that will drive demand for the kind of changes women need.
If fighting for a world beyond patriarchy--where people of all backgrounds and identities thrive with freedom and dignity--is your passion, UltraViolet is the organization for you!
Ultraviolet is an organization of women, Black, Indigenous, and people of color, and LGBTQ+ folks. Sexism disparately impacts us, and we strongly encourage people from these and other impacted communities to apply.
The UltraViolet Campaign Manager is responsible for working side-by-side with Campaign Directors to identify and run high-profile campaigns using cutting edge digital tactics that win real victories for women and girls against white supremacist patriarchy while growing the UltraViolet audience and furthering UltraViolet goals and mission through media savvy, intersectional, strategic campaigning.
The Campaign Manager position will focus on sexism in the media, Big Tech and platform accountability, the spread of sexist disinformation, and rapid response, but will have an opportunity to learn about various aspects of the digital-first campaigning process. The Campaign Manager reports to one of UV's Campaign Directors and is a member of the Campaigns team.
In this role you will:
- Work with Campaign Directors to identify and execute high-profile and impactful UltraViolet campaigns
- Assist in drafting and developing strategic, fast-paced campaign plans that utilize digital tools to engage and grow UltraViolet's membership while centering Black, indigenous, and women of color and LGBTQ people
- Create and stage campaign materials: emails, SMS messages, blog posts, op-eds, campaign pages, social media posts, etc
- Coordinate media, creative, and on-the-ground events, such as petition deliveries, house parties, and rallies for your campaigns, working with appropriate staff or consultants
- Over the course of the first year in the role, develop skills across a wide variety of digital tools and tactics to move forward your campaigning opportunities
These are the required skills for this position:
- Two to five years working in organizing, field, policy, media, communications, advocacy, or other relevant experience
- Strong understanding of, and ability to differentiate between, goals, strategies and tactics
- A demonstrated ability to learn on the job and a desire to develop and deepen digital skills
- Knowledge about political and cultural issues related to women’s issues, especially with an intersectional feminist approach
- A strong understanding of the systems of oppression and political climate which inform UltraViolet's campaigning
We’re hoping you bring 1-2 (or more) of these bonus skills:
- Knowledge of or experience working on Big Tech, disinformation, and media accountability
- Experience working with, or organizing, traditionally underrepresented communities, particularly communities of color
- Proven writing ability in a relevant advocacy setting
- Experience leveraging earned media tactics to win campaigns
- Experience with and understanding of cultural organizing or electoral politics
- Experience managing complex projects from start to finish, independently and as part of a team
You will thrive in this role if you're someone who:
- Thrives while working remotely, since we are an all-remote organization
- Is comfortable juggling multiple tasks and can thrive in a fast-paced environment, independently and as a team
- Is able to be flexible and pivot seamlessly in a rapidly changing environment, while handling multiple complex, deadline-driven tasks and priorities
- Is an excellent project manager, managing start to finish processes seamlessly
- Loves working with colleagues from diverse backgrounds in a low ego, collaborative environment
Perks of working for UltraViolet:
- Full health, dental, and vision for employees and generous coverage for your family
- Four to six weeks of vacation and 12 paid holidays
- 401(k) with a 5% employer contribution
- Sixteen weeks of parental leave, plus support for childcare for work-related events and travel
- A team with a top-notch GIF game and #pets and #joy slack channels that knows how to have fun while getting a lot done in a low-ego environment
The salary range for this position is $75,000-$85,000, plus a home office stipend based on the cost of living in your location.
Apply via this link: https://ultraviolet.applytojob.com/apply/mN7PWvxx3v/Campaign-Manager
UltraViolet is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, citizenship status, disability status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression of an otherwise qualified individual, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law. UltraViolet hires and promotes individuals on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. We strongly encourage diverse applicants to apply.