Manager of Talent Acquisition
- Experience Level
Position Title: Manager of Talent Acquisition (“MTA”)
Reports To: Vice President & Chief People Officer
Work Location: 425 West 47th Street, New York, New York 10036
Employment Status: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
For more than 70 years, Fountain House has successfully addressed the devastating impact of mental illness on individuals, families, and communities through its pioneering clubhouse model, which provides a structured, therapeutic social community and the tools to break the bonds of social isolation faced by people living with mental illness, while also addressing their basic health and social needs such as access to healthcare, housing, employment, education, nutrition, and safety. Fountain House accomplishes this by working in partnership with its members – people living with mental illness – and putting them at the center of their own recovery.
Fountain House is the most widely replicated evidence-based model for people living with mental illness in the world with over 300 model programs serving over 100,000 people throughout the US and in more than 30 countries.
To further Fountain House’s mission (improve health, increase opportunity, reduce social and economic isolation, and preventable suffering for people living with mental illness everywhere) we are looking for a Manager of Talent Acquisition (“MTA”) to support the organization talent acquisition needs. The MTA will be part of a dedicated and innovative human resources department that will accomplish Fountain House’s mission by fostering a safe and dignified workplace culture where employees from every background are represented, where employees can thrive and grow personally and professionally. A culture where accountability and high-performance are recognized and rewarded.
We are dedicated and deeply committed to ensuring we continue to develop and implement a culture that advances diversity, race, equity, and inclusion. A community where everyone is seen and heard and have a sincere appreciation of belonging.
This is a newly created position and will be based in New York City.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner closely with the Chief People Officer and others to develop a comprehensive diversity, race, equity, and inclusion (DREI) recruitment strategy.
- Collaborate with senior leaders and managers across the organization to determine and understand the talent needs and create an effective search strategy to fill open positions and build candidate pipelines.
- Collaborate with the human resources department to bring innovative ideas and solutions to build Fountain House’s talent brand and employee value proposition.
- Coordinates the recruitment and job placement activities for all levels within the organization.
- Develop deep knowledge and expertise of Fountain House’s candidate universe to be a value-adding business partner to hiring managers.
- Drive further enhancement to recruit, interviewing & hiring practices, and interview stakeholders training across business units to increase recruiting productivity and quality.
- Facilitate best-in-class candidate experience.
- Implement best practices for candidate sourcing including the job posting, social networks, employee referrals, career pages, and networking events.
- Leverage the latest recruiting tools including participating in implementing a new HRIS.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures, HR compliance, and federal and state laws.
- Manage and maintains and updates the applicant tracking system.
- Participates in other human resources related projects as needed (e.g. employee relations, performance management, learning & development, position benchmarking, and DREI).
- Proactively manage the recruiting process for the entire lifecycle–interviews through the offer to ensure a high-quality candidate experience.
- Serves as a coach to the hiring manager, advises on best practices, interview techniques to ensure we bring in high potential talent that meets the role and cultural expectations.
- Track and analyze relevant metrics to provide data-driven insights into the effectiveness of the recruiting process and provides recommendations to ensure continuous improvement.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Responsibilities:
- Ability to work independently and to conduct assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Business Acumen – align talent strategies to drive business goals.
- Client Service – client focus and ability to build trust and rapport across all levels.
- Collaboration – build strong relationships at all levels across the organization.
- Conflict Resolution – possess sound judgment and savvy in navigating and resolving complex talent and organizational issues.
- Critical Thinking – ask probing questions; anticipate and address critical talent gaps and needs.
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a cheerful outlook and providing exemplary customer service.
- Proactivity – exhibit relentless pursuit for new and innovative talent strategies.
Required and Preferred Education, Experience and Credentials:
- 4+ years of progressive experience recruiting business operations talent. In-House recruiting experience preferred but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Working knowledge of Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) and database implementation. (Will be heavily involved in implementing a new HRIS in 2021).
- Demonstrated ability to establish oneself as a strategic, consultative partner and build highly effective relationships across the organization.
- Must exhibit poise with effective communication, negotiation, and influencing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage high volume, full-cycle recruitment activities for various professional levels.
- Success in implementing innovative methods to source and attract passive candidates.
- Solid understanding in effectively managing the candidate and hiring manager’s experience in the recruitment and onboarding process.
- Strong business acumen: keep abreast of market trends and track the competition.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities/deadlines through exceptional project management.
- Working knowledge of common HR practices, employment laws, and/or government compliance regulations as it relates to recruitment and hiring.
- Expertise in recruiting best practices, with a focus on diversity.
- Ability to perform the essential job functions consistently, safely and successfully with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state, and local standards.
Fountain House, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At this time Fountain House, Inc. is not able to sponsor visas.
Note: This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not to be construed as a contract for employment.