P/T Residence Staff Worker
Position: P/T Residence Staff Worker
Position Type: Part-Time (16 hours/week)
Reports To: Residence Director
For more than 70 years, Fountain House has successfully addressed the devastating impact of mental illness on individuals, families, and communities through its pioneering clubhouse model, which provides a structured, therapeutic social community and the tools to break the bonds of social isolation faced by people living with mental illness, while also addressing their basic health and social needs such as access to healthcare, housing, employment, education, nutrition, and safety. Fountain House accomplishes this by working in partnership with its members – people living with mental illness – and putting them at the center of their own recovery.
Fountain House is the most widely replicated evidence-based model for people living with mental illness in the world with over 300 model programs serving over 100,000 people throughout the US and in more than 30 countries.
- Engage and work alongside members in the residence or apartment to perform necessary tasks for the upkeep of the residence and the well‑being of members.
- Assist members with all aspects of community support services and case management work (including housing and entitlements, clinical linkage and follow-up, etc.).
- Establish and update goals and record progress of members, with members.
- Prepare and submit paperwork (including service plans, progress notes, plan reviews, etc.), in a consistent and timely manner.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Must possess current and valid U.S. work authorization and be eligible to work for any U.S. employer without sponsorship.
- BA/ BS required, particularly in a relevant human services field.
- The following residential shifts are available:
1) Saturday & Sunday: 8AM to 4PM
2) Saturday & Sunday: 4PM to 12AM
3) Saturday & Sunday: 12AM to 8AM
- Must be flexible and able to work any residential shift, including evening and weekend, as needed.
- Working knowledge of mental illness, including previous relevant paid employment.
- Positive, energetic, dynamic and engaging personality.
- Flexibility, as demonstrated by interactions with other staff; staying late or arriving early, as necessary, to fulfill residence or member needs.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Team approach.
Fountain House, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At this time Fountain House, Inc. is not able to sponsor visas.
Note: This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not to be construed as a contract for employment.