Per Diem (Housing)
- Experience Level
Position Title: Per Diem (Housing)
Reports To: Residence Director
Work Location: Any of Five (5) Residential Buildings in Manhattan
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
For more than 70 years, Fountain House has successfully addressed the devastating impact of mental illness on individuals, families, and communities through its pioneering clubhouse model, which provides a structured, therapeutic social community and the tools to break the bonds of social isolation faced by people living with mental illness, while also addressing their basic health and social needs such as access to healthcare, housing, employment, education, nutrition, and safety. Fountain House accomplishes this by working in partnership with its members – people living with mental illness – and putting them at the center of their own recovery.
Fountain House is the most widely replicated evidence-based model for people living with mental illness in the world with over 300 model programs serving over 100,000 people throughout the US and in more than 30 countries.
Per diems are employees who work on an “as needed” basis. Per diems do not have set hours and are called upon to fill in shifts, when a regular employee is unable to work. Per Diems must be able to work at any of our five (5) residential buildings throughout Manhattan.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engage and work alongside members in the residence or apartment to perform necessary tasks for the upkeep of the residence and the well‑being of members.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Responsibilities:
- Working knowledge of mental illness, including previous relevant paid employment.
- Positive, energetic, dynamic and engaging personality.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Team approach.
Required and Preferred Education, Experience and Credentials:
- Must possess current and valid U.S. work authorization and be eligible to work for any U.S. employer without sponsorship.
- Flexibility, to work afternoon, evenings, and/ or weekends.
- Ability to perform the essential job functions consistently, safely and successfully with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state, and local standards.
Hourly Rate: $15.38
To apply for this position, please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements via e‑mail to email@example.com.
Fountain House, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At this time Fountain House, Inc. is not able to sponsor visas.
Note: This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not to be construed as a contract for employment.