- Experience Level
Join the Aldea Finance team!! Working closely with the Chief Financial Officer, the Controller will be responsible for the accounting operations of the Organization, including preparation of periodic financial reports, preparation of annual budgets, coordinating annual audits and preparing financial analyses in support of other Organization activities.
By joining our team of professionals, you will gain the following:
• Enriching training opportunities.
• Provide service to a variety of client populations.
• Flexible work schedule.
• Experience in a state of the art Council on Accreditation (COA) agency to ensure best practices and high quality services.
• Opportunity to enhance professional development, including potential participation in leadership development program.
• Be part of a team of passionate, collaborative, and dedicated professionals where staff input is highly valued.
Aldea Children and Family Services is pleased to offer a comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of all of our staff and their families:
- Benefit plans available include: Medical w/ employer funded HRA deductible. Full coverage and employer paid premiums for Dental, Vision, Basic Life, Disability and EAP plans. Voluntary FSA and Supplemental Plans available. Free Financial Planning.
- Generous Retirement employer match contribution up to 5% after 6 months of service including free Financial Planning.
- 13 Holidays plus 1 Floating Holiday
- Vacation: accrue up to 30 days
- Sick: accrue up to 10 days
- Phone Stipend
- Bilingual Stipend
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Free Office Parking
1. Lead accounting function, including detailed cost allocations in support of contract requirements. Oversee and document cost allocation methodology in compliance with Super Circular and contract requirements.
2. Supervise accounts receivable and accounts payable staff.
3. Collaborate with payroll personnel in Human Resources.
4. Collaborate with other Administration managers.
5. Prepare and/or review monthly closing entries.
6. Prepare and/or review account analysis.
7. Prepare accurate and timely monthly financial statements for senior management and periodically draft financial package for the Finance Committee. Prepare related analyses and reports as required.
8. Provide Actual vs Budget monthly reports and additional analyses for the Chief Program Officer and Program Directors. Meet with them monthly to answer questions and provide additional information as requested.
9. Lead preparation of annual budget.
10. Prepare or assist with budgets and other financial materials in support of Grant and RFP requests, contract renewals and reporting requirements.
1. General Ledger Accountant
2. Senior Accounts Payable Clerk
1. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent.
2. CPA or MBA a plus.
3. Minimum five years’ experience in a position preparing financial reports, monthly and year end closing journal entries, account analyses and other financial analyses.
4. Knowledgeable on generally accepted accounting principles and federal cost allocation guidelines (Super Circular), especially staff time allocations.
5. Experience in Behavioral Health Services and/or Social Services a plus.
6. Experience supervising and reviewing the work of accounting clerks.
7. Technical - working knowledge of mid-level accounting software, Abila/MIP Fund Accounting a plus, Microsoft Office 365, Outlook. Experience in an Exchange Server based network environment also a plus.
8. Willingness to collaborate with fiscal and other administrative team members and to accept and follow instructions.
Equipment and Software Knowledge:
- Microsoft Office 365, with focus on Outlook, Word, & Excel.
- Abila/MIP Fund Accounting experience preferred.
- Ability to operate basic office machines and equipment, including equipment to facilitate working remotely.
- In Aldea Office
Clean office environment, Temperate climate, Carpet, Overhead lighting, Low level noise.
Currently social distancing, masks, office entry controls as appropriate during the pandemic
- Remote work is optional during the pandemic and possibly beyond. Will be continually assessed.