- Experience Level
Reporting to the Director of Alumni Engagement, the engagement coordinator will manage the Alumni Association’s new virtual engagement platform and support engagement activities for the Engagement department. The coordinator will be responsible for working with team members across the organization to update and manage content on the Georgia Tech Connect platform to ensure high engagement levels. Additionally, the coordinator will work with members of the Student and Alumni Engagement team to support successful execution of the event management process, specifically making sure the events are properly marketed through online channels, and other projects that enhance the alumni experience.
Georgia Tech Connect is a new and innovative virtual engagement platform powered by software from PeopleGrove. Much like LinkedIn, Georgia Tech Connect provides a robust platform for alumni and students to connect for professional opportunities, mentoring, and social interactions. It constitutes a significant investment by the Alumni Association and the engagement coordinator will be critical to its successful implementation.
This position is part-time with a maximum of 20 hours per week. Work hours are flexible and can be done remotely, with some required in-office interactions.
- Manage the Georgia Tech Connect platform which is a virtual engagement platform, much like LinkedIn, that provides an avenue for students and alumni to connect with each other for mentoring opportunities, discussions, and group-based activities. This includes:
- Monitoring approval queues and approve new users on a regular schedule.
- Monitoring discussion boards for regular activity; suggesting opportunities and ideas for posts to keep the site fresh. Coordinating the regular posting of content.
- Coordinating with department liaisons to update information regularly in the Resource section.
- Collaborating with the Strategic Communications department regarding email sends through the platform.
- Managing and monitoring event postings.
- Oversee the Event Management process from intake of event information to event deployment. This includes coordinating web updates, creation of event landing pages, and email sends.
- Collaborate with the Engagement team to support successful deployment of event marketing and act as a liaison to the Strategic Communications team. This includes use of various social media channels to market events.
- Coordinate virtual engagement activities across the department, specifically those not volunteer-generated. These programs are developed by Engagement Team staff members and open to all alumni.
- Support special projects, such as the Mini Diploma Program, and others that support extended alumni engagement efforts.
- Report performance metrics for oversight areas.
Education and Experience Requirements
- One to four years of administrative experience
- Experience with social media platforms and website management tools
- Adept at learning new software platforms
- Comfortable in a virtual environment
- Experience in volunteer management a plus
- Familiarity with Microsoft programs, especially Word and Excel
- Strong customer service and relationship building skills
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
Georgia Tech alumni are unique. Over 170,000 strong, Tech alumni are successful as entrepreneurs, managers, scientists, engineers and leaders in organizations around the globe. The Alumni Association has a team of 50 professionals, committed to supporting GT alumni throughout their careers. Annually, we offer thousands of programs, services and events to increase alumni engagement and expand their connection with the Institute. Come be a part of Georgia Tech – an amazing history and bright future. For more information about the Georgia Tech Alumni Association, please visit www.gtalumni.org.
The Georgia Tech Alumni Association (GTAA) is a separate, legal, 501(c)3 not-for-profit recognized by Georgia Tech and the State of Georgia as an affiliated organization. The GTAA is committed to the mission to "champion and serve its alumni and the Institute through programming and engagement that fosters lifelong relationships and philanthropic support.”