Accounts Payable Analyst
- Degree Level
Accounts Payable Analyst
CHRIS 180 is an organization in which all stakeholders recognize and respond to the varying impact of traumatic stress on children, caregivers, families, and those who have contact with trauma survivors. Programs and staff within CHRIS 180 are charged to infuse this knowledge, awareness, as well as personal and institutional skills into the organizational culture, policies, and practices. We act in collaboration, using the best available science and evidence-based practice, to facilitate and support resiliency, recovery and self- sufficiency, and to prevent trauma from occurring or recurring wherever possible.
CHRIS 180 Values:
- Creativity We are innovative agents of change identifying new solutions and approaches.
- Honor We celebrate each person’s individuality and the gifts of diversity.
- Respect We honor one another, treat each other with kindness and work together as a team.
- Integrity We are transparent, trustworthy and accountable. Always.
- Safety We create consistent environments free from danger in which people have the opportunity to grow and become the best they can be.
The Accounts Payable Analyst is an important member of the accounting team that is primarily responsible for accurate and timely coding and recording of invoices and check processing. In addition, this position will assist in the monthly close process and cross-train in other functional areas within the accounting department. This position will impact a rapidly growing organization and offers career development.
The primary duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform daily accounts payable operations
- Sort, code and match invoices with supporting documentation, making sure proper approval is present
- Manage workflow to ensure all accounts payable transactions are processed accurately and timely
- Maintain vendor files
- Obtain W-9 forms on all vendors prior to first disbursement
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries
- Assist in the monthly close process
- Complete monthly reconciliation(s) of sub-ledger
- Establish consistent payment schedule throughout the month
- Process accurate and timely year-end reporting when necessary
- Assist external auditors with documentation request
- Develop ad hoc reporting as needed
- Reconcile credit card statements monthly
- Review/reconcile monthly expense activity for Group Homes
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or finance
- 3-5 years of Accounts Payable experience (invoice coding, processing, printing checks and EFT payments)
- Basic knowledge of general ledger
- Knowledge of federal and state grant regulations preferred
- Strong PC skills including proficiency in Excel
- Experience with Automated Payment Systems
- Proven experience in remote/telework environment
- Decision-making, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Experience with Blackbaud Financial Edge
- Strong work ethic and team player
- High degree of professionalism
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material
- Strong interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills
- Organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
Performance and Conduct;
- Maintain confidentiality of company information
- Follow the CHRIS 180 Code of Ethics
Demonstrate customer service;
- Promote positive image of CHRIS 180’s programs at all times
- Work as a contributing and collaborative team member
- Respond to accounting and other staff needs in a timely fashion
- Answer telephone calls and emails accordingly
- Respond to requests for information from stakeholders in a timely fashion
Maintain Personal Information and Training;
- Attend and participate in staff meetings as scheduled
- Attend and participate in required trainings as scheduled
- Review, understand and be responsible to program policies
- Provide documents in a timely fashion to Human Resources
- Report changes in status to HR as required by policy
Reports to: Accounting Manager
Management reserves the right to revise the job description at any time.