SEEKING VOLUNTEER BOARD TREASURER (GIRLS MENTORING AND EMPOWERMENT PROGRAM)
3 days left
- Experience Level
Raising BeYOUtiful Butterflies is seeking a volunteer Treasurer and member of its Board of Directors for a three-year term. This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about empowering girls.
WHO ARE WE?
Raising BeYOUtiful Butterflies ("RBB"), a mentoring and empowerment organization. Our mission is to educate and empower girls ages 4-21 by inspiring them to recognize and embrace their own potential to be confident, self-sufficient, unique, determined, and powerful in their lives as well as in their communities, while encouraging sisterhood. In our work with girls, RBB aim is nothing less than empowerment. RBB defines an empowered girl as someone who knows her strengths and capabilities, isn’t afraid to embrace them, an active learner in school, a confident actor in her family and community, and ready to take on her biggest dreams. She believes in herself, knows her possibilities are endless, and lives in a community where she is treated equally, where parents, peers, and role models supports her growth and her goals.
The Board Treasurer is an executive and voting member of the Raising BeYOUtiful Butterflies Board of Directors and appointed in a manner consistent with the bylaws. Treasurer is accountable to the Board for the fulfillment of the following duties and responsibilities:
LEADERSHIP, GOVERNANCE, AND OVERSIGHT:
- Attend all board meetings
- Maintain knowledge of the organization and personal commitment to its goals and objectives
- Understand financial accounting for nonprofit organizations
- Serve as the chair of the finance committee
- Work with the chief executive to ensure that appropriate financial reports are made available to the board on a timely basis
- Ensure that government tax filings and remittances are submitted on a timely basis
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget and its presentation to the board for review
- Verify that donations are handled appropriately and that grants and service delivery contracts are accounted for in accordance with the requirements of funders
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the CEO as she develops and implements RBB’s strategic plan
- Ensure that the board regularly monitors the organization’s financial performance and alerts it to any important discrepancies between planned and actual figures
- Approving RBB’s annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities
- Contributing to annual performance evaluation of the CEO
- Assist the CEO and board chair in identifying and recruiting other Board Members
- Partner with the CEO and other board members to ensure that board resolutions are carried out
- Serving on committees or task forces and taking on special assignments
- Representing RBB to stakeholders; acting as an ambassador for the organization
- Ensuring RBB’s commitment to a diverse board and staff that reflects the communities RBB serves
FUNDRAISING: RBB Board Members will consider RBB a philanthropic priority and make annual gifts that reflect that priority. RBB will then be able to credibly solicit contributions from foundations, organizations, and individuals. RBB expects to have 100 percent of Board Members make an annual contribution.
BOARD TERMS/PARTICIPATION: RBB’s Board Members will serve a three-year term.
QUALIFICATIONS: This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about RBB’s mission. Selected Board Members will have achieved leadership stature in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector. His/her accomplishments will allow him/her to attract other well-qualified, high-performing Board Members.
Ideal candidates will have the following Education and qualifications:
- Extensive professional experience with significant executive leadership accomplishments in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector
- A commitment to and understanding of RBB’s beneficiaries, preferably based on experience
- Savvy diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of RBB’s beneficiaries
- Service on RBB’s Board of Directors is without remuneration, except for administrative support, travel, and accommodation costs in relation to Board Members’ duties.
This is a NON-PAYING opportunity. You must CURRENTLY LIVE in the ATLANTA METRO AREA.
To learn more about the work RBB does, connect with us through our various media platforms:
- Visit our WEBSITE at www.raisingbeyoutifulbutterflies.org
- "Like" our FACEBOOK page at www.facebook.com/raisingbeyoutifulbutterflies
- Follow us on INSTAGRAM at https://www.instagram.com/raisingbeyoutifulbutterflies
Hope to hear from you soon!