Social Media & Digital Outreach Volunteer (Virtual)
3 days left
- Experience Level
Always on Facebook? Constantly Tweeting? Do you follow the latest trends, ideas and online memes? Use your media obsession for a good cause by enhancing Raising BeYOUtiful Butterflies online and community presence! Raising BeYOUtiful Butterflies is seeking a dynamic, self-directed, driven individual with strong social media and communication skills to join our Marketing & Outreach team. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of marketing while empowering girls in the community. Help to grow and sustain Raising BeYOUtiful Butterflies!
Who Are We?
Raising BeYOUtiful Butterflies ("RBB"), a mentoring and empowerment organization. Our mission is to educate and empower girls ages 4-21 by inspiring them to recognize and embrace their own potential to be confident, self-sufficient, unique, determined, and powerful in their lives as well as in their communities, while encouraging sisterhood. In our work with girls, RBB aim is nothing less than empowerment. RBB defines an empowered girl as someone who knows her strengths and capabilities, isn’t afraid to embrace them, an active learner in school, a confident actor in her family and community, and ready to take on her biggest dreams. She believes in herself, knows her possibilities are endless, and lives in a community where she is treated equally, where parents, peers, and role models supports her growth and her goals.
- Daily overview of all social media sites; promoting upcoming events.
- Post regular original, relevant keyword-rich content & resources to the Raising BeYOUtiful Butterflies social media outlets, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Youtube, news releases, fundraising appeals, & any other promotional items.
- Expand and improve Raising BeYouTiful Butterflies social media presence.
- Use social media outlets to promote active Raising BeYOUtiful Butterflies campaigns, engage the public & increase online presence.
- Identify key public areas for the organization to establish a presence.
- Picture editing, graphic design, flyers, and updating and managing the organizations website.
- Develop advertising materials & prepare articles for newsletters & digital media as needed.
Skills & Qualities you need for this role: Experience & interest in social media marketing and networking, Excellent IT literacy, writing, editing and communication skills Knowledge of online marketing, social analytics tools and major marketing tools (specifically Instagram, Facebook, & LinkedIn).
Time Commitment & Location: Flexible working hrs. should not exceed 10 hrs/week. Internship length is flexible, but with a minimum of 3 months. Position is open year-round. You are able to set your own schedule and complete volunteer tasks virtually.
Compensation: Unpaid. We can provide school credit, but all applicants must make their own arrangements with their host institution. Volunteers will benefit from this great learning experience, enhance their resumes, and build their personal and professional skills as they make a difference in the Raising BeYOUtiful Butterflies community.
Please send us your resume and cover letter to email@example.com as well as a possible Facebook post for Raising BeYOUtiful Butterflies. Feel free to pick any topic you feel is relevant - show us your creativity!