Development, Marketing, and Communications Director
1 day left
- Experience Level
Vintage House is seeking a talented and enthusiastic nonprofit professional to serve in the role of Development, Marketing, and Communications Director. Reporting to the Executive Director, this role will oversee the organization’s fundraising efforts in support of the growth and impact of Vintage House’s community programs.
The successful candidate will leverage their fundraising experience (including marketing and communications, the grant writing process, event planning, and donor management) and manage multiple priorities and deadlines to achieve the organization’s annual fundraising objectives.
Functions and Responsibilities Include:
- Design and execute a development plan and budget across fundraising strategies that meets goals established by the board and management team
- Oversee the development and implementation of major donor, individual giving, membership and planned giving campaigns
- Craft fundraising appeals that tell our story, create community, and inspire giving
- Plan and oversee fundraising events, including the annual gala
- Manage the full range of activities required to prepare and submit polished grant proposals to foundation, corporate, and government sources
- Research prospective grant sources (private, corporate, and government) compatible with Vintage House mission, values, and programs in support of the organization's strategic and program goals and calendaring those prospects into the Grant Writing Plan
- Draft and edit high quality, compelling LOI's, grant proposals, grant reports, and acknowledgment letters
- Cultivate relationships with program officers at foundations.
- Build and manage Vintage House’s brand and all aspects of marketing communications in order to raise the awareness of the organization
- Direct the creation, production, and distribution of all marketing materials such as press releases, newsletters, and publications (print and digital)
- Strategically select sponsorship opportunities and community outreach events that elevate the organization’s profile and brand awareness
- Develop our website and other online resources, such as social media, for greater community visibility
- Serve as media liaison
- Prepare concise and visually compelling Annual Reports to communicate the organization’s mission, progress, outcomes, and its financials
- Build and sustain community engagement relationships with current, new, and potential donors
- Manage an effective donor database system that includes strategies and research to identify, prioritize, cultivate, solicit, recognize and steward all donors and prospects.
- A commitment to the mission of Vintage House
- A passion for serving those 55 and better
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum)
- 5+ years of proven and measurable experience in developing and implementing a wide variety of fundraising and/or marketing programs for a non-profit organization
- Experience with planning, writing, and financial management of complex grants including federal, state, county, and private grants
- Ability to effectively manage expectations of funders and donors and fulfill stewardship, reporting, and recognition obligations
- Extensive experience using a database to retrieve and analyze information to advance fundraising efforts
- Knowledge of the Sonoma Valley regional community and culture
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, with the ability to engage and inspire a wide range of audiences
- Effective presenter, active listener, open to new ideas, keeps supporters informed and engaged
- Ability to be helpful, respectful, approachable, and team-oriented, building strong working relationships and a positive work environment
- Progressive thinker
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations and holding fiscal responsibilities; proven track record of maintaining fiscal integrity and budget compliance
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with Nonprofit Easy, Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Smartsheets, and other software
- Receptive to feedback, willing to learn, and embrace continuous improvement
Ability to use hands and arms to reach and lift. Ability to lift and move paperwork or equipment of up to 50 pounds. Must have a valid driver’s license. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Note: This job involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
Full-time hours, participation in early morning, evening, and weekend meetings and events will be required as needed. Working from home is allowed as needed.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary will be commensurate with experience. This is a full-time exempt position with benefits.
To be considered as an applicant:
Submit a cover letter and resume.
Vintage House is an equal opportunity, at-will employer.
About Vintage House
Our Mission: The mission of Vintage House is to help support, preserve, and enhance the quality of life for residents of Sonoma Valley as they age. We accomplish this by fostering well-being, connection, and a sense of purpose and enjoyment through opportunities for lifelong learning, personal growth, and support.
Our Motto: Connect. Explore. Belong.
As a 501(c) (3) tax exempt organization serving Sonoma Valley we are equally committed to honoring these same values for staff and volunteers, and to maintaining the trust placed in us by our participants, members, supporters and community-at-large.
Staff members work collaboratively in a flexible environment that values creative thinking on how to accomplish tasks with limited resources. Accordingly, job duties may change over time to reflect current and emerging needs.