Church Administrator for Shallowford Presbyterian Church
- Experience Level
Shallowford Presbyterian Church
Title: Church Administrator
Hours: 40 hours/week, regular weekday business hours, with some availability for Sundays and special programs and events
Salary: $57,000; commensurate with experience + benefits + PTO + support for moving expenses
Supervisor: Senior Pastor/Head of Staff
Educational requirements: Bachelor’s degree required. Church Administrator Certification preferred.
Ministry Description: The Church Administrator will oversee the day-to-day operations of Shallowford Presbyterian Church (SPC) and will be responsible for the oversight and coordination of the administrative functions supporting the ministries of the Church, including office operations, personnel, facilities, financial oversight, Senior Pastor/Head of Staff support and coordination of member engagement.
- Support the Senior Pastor/Head of Staff in all areas of the ministry of the church and provide support to the Senior Pastor, including support for Session
- Assist the Senior Pastor to relieve them of administrative and tactical management duties and responsibilities
- Oversee the administrative staff and volunteers, and ensure appropriate processes, policies, controls and oversight are in place to fulfill the church’s administrative needs. Serve as the staff liaison to the Administration Committee.
- Oversee the financial resources of the church, including oversight of the Financial Coordinator, and in collaboration with the Finance Committee, oversee the budget and stewardship processes.
- Oversee the Facilities Manager and work closely with the Facilities Committee chair on all matters related to facility management within the Campus
- Coordinate the use of our Campus, maintaining the master Campus calendar, coordinating space rentals for outside groups, and acting as a liaison with the Shallowford Presbyterian School.
- Oversee all vendor contracts, insurance, IT coordination, and benefits support
- Oversee member and visitor engagement support, which includes management of membership database, new member prospects and visitor records
- Perform other duties as may be required or assigned by the Senior Pastor and SPC.
Qualifications and skills:
- Minimum of 5 years of administrative or related experience preferred
- A helpful, cheerful, diplomatic. and caring servant attitude to all
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience supervising others
- Strong leadership, financial, organizational, project management, and communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.