- Degree Level
- High School
The International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) is a non-profit membership organization that serves the needs of tree care professionals, and promotes the profession of arboriculture around the world. ISA is known as the industry authority on research, education and professional development. Each role in the organization plays an important part in delivering excellent member benefits and customer service.
The Receptionist provides general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks. The receptionist will be responsible for greeting guests, gathering information to ensure prompt and seamless flow of communication, incoming and outgoing mail distribution, ordering office supplies, errands, clerical duties, data entry, and special projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understands ISA’s Vision Statement and adheres to ISA staff core values.
- Greets and directs visitors to the company.
- Takes and retrieves messages as needed. Directs phone calls received from Customer Service in search of the appropriate team member.
- Receives, sorts, and forwards incoming mail.
- Manages outbound postage metering and delivery to outgoing mail.
- Coordinates the pick-up and delivery of express mail services (FedEx, UPS, etc.).
- Enters continuing education units into credential holder accounts.
- Contacts ISA members to verify email contact information when emails are undeliverable.
- Assists in the ordering, receiving, stocking and distribution of office supplies.
- Assist with upkeep of office amenities such as coffee machine, living walls, break room, etc.
- Assists with other related clerical duties such as photocopying, faxing, filing, and collating.
- Submits Building and IT Work Requests as needed.
- Various tracking reports.
- Prepares and stocks meeting rooms when appropriate, manages internal meeting room schedule and visitor board messages. Schedules meeting rooms for staff members needing building meeting space outside of our office.
- Responsible for break room upkeep (loading/unloading dishwasher-wiping tables as needed, etc).
- Assists with Internal Safety Committee.
- Special Projects and other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school degree or equivalency combined with at least 2 years of previous similar work experience.
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal.
- Fluency in additional languages is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Decision Making/Reasoning Ability
- Ability to apply principles of logical or practical thinking to a range of intellectual and everyday problems.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Strong initiative.
- Excellent follow-through.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain strictest confidentiality.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 80% of the time.
- Moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Regularly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery such as calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Frequently communicates with internal and external customers.
- This position requires occasional lifting, under 25 lbs.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Technology and Equipment
- Various software including but not limited to:
- Microsoft Solutions
- ISA Proprietary Database
- Microsoft Solutions
ISA is an equal opportunity employer. This position is located in Downtown Atlanta, GA and not normally eligible for remote work. Currently this position will be temporarily eligible for remote work due to the COVID-19 pandemic.