Wonder Vice President
6 days left
- Position Type
- Full Time
Job Announcement: Wonder Vice President
Wonder: Strategies for Good is looking for qualified candidates for a vice president position to join our virtual team.
About Wonder: Strategies for Good
Based in the United States, Wonder: Strategies for Good works with clients here in the U.S. and across the globe to accelerate progressive social change — from racial justice to solutions to the climate crisis. Wonder is a virtual strategic communications firm specializing in branding, messaging and audience research. The Wonder Universe is made up of experts in messaging, storytelling, psychology and public-opinion research — a mix of full-time staff, independent strategists and collaborating firms.
At Wonder, we understand that human beings are heartwired — that emotions, identity, values, beliefs and lived experiences shape our decisions on complex social issues. We use that knowledge to develop Heartwired storytelling and messaging strategies that shape attitudes and influence the behaviors of our clients’ target audiences. Wonder strategists have partnered with change-makers to make progress on some of the most pressing issues of the day — from advancing the freedom to marry for same-sex couples to making medical aid-in-dying a legal option for terminally ill people. Visit www.wonderforgood.com to learn more.
About the Position
Wonder: Strategies for Good seeks a dynamic, senior-level communications strategist to join our team as a vice president. The vice president will lead client accounts, develop breakthrough messaging and branding strategies for our change-making clients, manage business development, and pioneer new approaches to audience research and messaging strategies. This role requires skills and experience developed while working at either strategic communication agencies with a focus on social change, at larger advocacy organizations, or both.
Your Skills & Experience
- You have at least nine to 12 years of experience with increasing responsibility in leading successful strategic communications efforts that have led to breakthrough moments for progressive organizations and movements.
- You have developed messaging, branding and communication strategies that have helped your clients or colleagues to strengthen their brand, raise more money and/or win seemingly impossible social change victories.
- You are familiar with, intrigued by, and/or have experience with audience research focused on unpacking emotional reactions to socially sensitive (and controversial) issues and developing messaging strategies that help audiences to be guided by the better angels of their nature.
- You have worked closely with and provided strategic counsel to senior-level clients or colleagues — and have a proven track record in selling your strategies to those clients or colleagues.
- Your clients or colleagues love you equally for your strategic smarts, your supercharged attention to detail and your effectively-run meetings.
- You have worked at a marketing or strategic communications firm or a large progressive advocacy organization.
- You have experience in leading business development efforts, including writing new business proposals and pitching business to potential clients.
- You are flexible and love working with teams; you also have the confidence and discipline to be self-directed, to take initiative, and to meet deadlines while working from home.
- You are passionate about your professional development and open to feedback.
- You have experience working on multi-racial teams and have a strong commitment to and lived experience with racial justice, equity and inclusion.
- You are impatient for social change while also channeling the calm of Michonne or Yoda when your back is against the wall.
Here’s how a Wonder vice president is likely to spend their time.
Audience Research, Strategy Development & Client Relations (75%)
- Playing a leadership role on client accounts focused on managing client relations and communications;
- Co-leading strategy development and/or audience research for client projects (together with other strategists and researchers);
- Writing or contributing to client strategy briefs and presentations;
- Managing independent strategists that are part of project teams;
- Overseeing projects to ensure quality, excellence and a commitment to accelerating progressive social change.
Marketing, Innovation & Business Development (25%)
- Contributing to Wonder’s thought leadership and marketing, including delivering presentations at conferences and writing thought pieces;
- Innovating new methodologies for audience research and messaging strategies to accelerate social change;
- Writing new business proposals and participating in business development pitches.
Salary + Benefits
The vice president is a full-time position working remotely. The position includes a generous benefit package including health benefits, dental and vision coverage, a 401K retirement plan, five weeks of paid time off, and 19 paid holidays. The salary range for this position is $105,000 to $120,000 depending on experience.
To apply, please email Corinne Hoag at email@example.com. In the subject line, include: Vice President. Please include: a copy of your résumé; a cover letter describing your strengths as a communicator for social change, your experience working at professional service agencies (or larger advocacy organizations), and what your clients and/or colleagues appreciate most about you; and two writing samples for which you were the primary writer (one of which is either a client strategy memo or a new business proposal). Please label all your materials beginning with your first and last names in the title of the document. Women, people of color, and LGBTQ people are strongly encouraged to apply.
More searches like this
- Development / Fundraising Philanthropy / Social Responsibility Full Time jobs in Working from home
- Executive / Senior Management Philanthropy / Social Responsibility Full Time jobs in Working from home
- Marketing / Communications Philanthropy / Social Responsibility Full Time jobs in Working from home