- Experience Level
With an exciting new partnership, CW is seeking a Writing Facilitator/Coordinator to lead a Virtual Adult Author Workshop, once a week. The selected candidate will receive a monthly stipend.
CW is a community-based, 501(c)(3) non-profit organization inspired by The Carnegie Writers’ Group, founded in August 2013, by Kemi Elufiede. CW’s mission is to encourage children, adolescents, and adults by providing positive and productive support in writing and literacy education based on personal goals. The vision is to advance education, encourage collaboration, promote creativity and provide resources for writing and literacy.
CW offers various programs and activities to the community, including but not limited to various author workshops (“Workshops”).
CW desires to engage a Facilitator/Coordinator to lead and facilitate the Writing Workshops.
Duties of Facilitator.
- Attend CW training and orientations related to Facilitator’s role as a writing facilitator/coordinator
- Facilitate the workshops, including by leading writing sessions, providing feedback on written work,
- Giving opportunities for attendees to receive feedback from their peers on their written work,
- Scheduling and hosting guest speakers, and keeping attendance and up-to-date evaluations;
- Contact the CW Board of Directors upon the occurrence of any incidents; and
- Perform such other tasks and assignments as CW may from time to time reasonably request.