Marketing & Communications Manager
- Experience Level
Culture Reframed (CR) was founded in 2015 to respond to what the organization’s President & Founder, Dr. Gail Dines, has termed “the public health crisis of the digital age.” CR builds resilience and resistance in young people to hypersexualized media and porn culture by:
Increasing knowledge, skills, and confidence
Promoting social change
We work with tens of thousands of parents, caregivers, educators, counselors, doctors, and others around the world.
Culture Reframed seeks to hire an experienced, creative, and ambitious marketing and communications professional to continue to build the organization’s online and media presence. The position will lead Culture Reframed’s digital communications initiatives, including day-to-day content creation for the organization’s social media channels, website, and email communications. The Marketing & Communications Manager will develop and implement strategic campaigns to attract new followers and build brand awareness for Culture Reframed on a global level. The successful candidate will have demonstrated knowledge of social media analytics, digital design proficiencies, and innovative best practices.
The Marketing & Communications Manager will report to the Executive Director and the Founder & President of Culture Reframed. They must be able to work both independently and as a team, and must have an impressive track record in marketing and communications. This is a part-time position (20 hours/week).
- Develop an overall marketing and communications plan for the organization, including mapping out a comprehensive social media marketing plan to engage current followers and expand our audiences across all platforms (FB, TW, IG, LI).
- Develop and refine a plan for marketing our Parents Program.
- Write, post, and promote blog pieces.
- Develop, update, and manage content for website, ensuring that it is current, engaging, and active.
- Manage social reporting and analytics for all social channels, while tracking and evaluating the overall performance of channels to develop more effective strategies and campaigns.
- Work with a designer to create powerful and engaging social media content with on-brand imagery.
- Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design, and strategy.
- Create e-blasts via Mailchimp
- Regularly produce Facebook Live presentations
- Identify opportunities for writing press releases; write and distribute.
- Other responsibilities as identified in Marketing & Communications Plan.
- Manage consultant relationships.
- Demonstrated commitment to the Culture Reframed mission
- Diplomatic, strategic thinker
- Understanding of the harms of pornography, and how pornography is implicated in violence against women and children
- Grounding in feminist analysis
- Experience with WordPress and Mailchimp
- Understanding of SEO
- Extensive experience building and maintaining a robust follower base across all all major social media platforms
- Excellent writer and editor
- Creative thinker with a distinctive voice
- Ability to create and articulate an overall vision, while simultaneously identifying and monitoring the steps that will bring the vision to fruition
- Ability to deliver accurate, thorough, and consistent work with acute attention to detail
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than November 30, 2020. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please indicate in your cover letter how you heard about this position.
Culture Reframed is committed to diversity in both its programmatic work and staffing with regard to race, ethnicity, gender, nationality, age, physical ability, religion, and sexual orientation.