- Experience Level
My Sister’s Place is a non-profit Christian-based organization that opened its doors 20 years ago to provide safe shelter, nourishing food, a nurturing environment and resources for homeless women and their children. All employees recognize that we are a Christian ministry and agree that they will do nothing as an employee of My Sister’s Place to undermine its mission.
My Sister’s Place is looking for an effective, experienced Executive Director to play a key role in leading and evolving our organization. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, community outreach including engaging and sustaining a highly active volunteer base within the community. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
Responsibilities and Duties include:
The Executive Director shall report to the Board of Directors and work closely with the Chairman of the Board. Duties of the Executive Director shall include, but not be limited to:
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and make informed decisions
- Responsible for working with the Board on strategic planning to ensure that My Sister’s Place can successfully fulfill its Mission into the future
- Inform and consult with the Chairman and Executive Board in a timely manner regarding significant issues that arise with personnel and/or residents and reach a collective agreement with the Executive Board regarding hiring/termination of personnel
Financial Performance and Viability:
Assist with My Sister's Place budgetary and financial planning under the supervision of the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other revenues necessary for the financial health and to support My Sister’s Place’s mission
- Responsible for managing the fiscal integrity of My Sister’s Place, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operation within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position
- Actively seek contributions to ensure adequate funding for operational needs of My Sister's Place, as well as seek new Grant and Foundation opportunities
Organization Mission and Strategy:
Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
- Represent My Sister’s Place in the community in accordance with its mission, oversee and participate in programs to advance the image of My Sister's Place and its mission within the community we serve
- Maintain community contacts and seek new contacts to represent My Sister’s Place to the public in the media (newspaper, radio, social media, etc.) and through public appearances
- Responsible for implementation of My Sister’s Place programs that carry out the mission
- Carry out plans and policies for the ministry, as defined in the Organization’s bylaws
- Ensure regulatory requirements, licenses and insurance policies are secured and renewed as needed
- Engage, manage and sustain a highly active volunteer base within the community to strengthen and position the ministry as an important cause, drive participation in its efforts and support its financial objectives
Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
- Ensure that our My Sister's Place office is always a welcoming place and supports diversity in its volunteers, staff, residents and any visitors wanting to know more about My Sister's Place
- Responsible for the hiring, retention and supervising of competent, qualified staff as directed by the Chairman and Board of Directors
- Responsible for effective administration of the day-to-day operations
- Responsible for overseeing the management of rental units
- Ensure that the policies and mission of the ministry are followed and that the love of Christ is exhibited in all aspects of his/her duties
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Five+ years of senior nonprofit management experience, including working with a Board of Directors
- High level strategic thinking and planning. Ability to envision and convey the organization’s strategic future to the staff, board, volunteers and donors
- Ability to effectively communicate the organization’s mission to donors, volunteers and the overall community
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
- A history of successfully generating new revenue streams and improving financial results.
- Active fundraising experience with excellent donor relations skills and understanding of the funding community
- Previous success in establishing relationships with individuals and organizations of influence including funders, partner agencies and volunteers