Volunteer Board Members and Nominating Committee Member
- Position Type
The Accreditation Commissioner for Education in Nursing (ACEN) is seeking nominations for six Commissioners for the ACEN Board of Commissioners and one member for the ACEN Nominating Committee. The ACEN values the perspectives of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and seeks to include the broadest range of perspectives within the composition of the Board of Commissioners and the Nominating Committee.
ACEN Board of Commissioners
The Board of Commissioners is the governing board for the ACEN, which oversees the business, property and funds of the Corporation. The majority of the Commissioners' time and effort is related to reviewing nursing programs seeking initial or continuing accreditation with the ACEN.
- Two nurse educators for a three-year term representing associate nursing programs
- One nurse educator for a three-year term representing baccalaureate nursing programs
- One nurse educator for a three-year term representing master's/clinical doctorate nursing programs
- One nurse clinician/practitioner for a three-year term representing nursing service
- One member of the public for a three-year term
ACEN Nominating Committee
The Nominating Committee prepares the slate of candidates for the ACEN Board of Commissioners from the nominations made.
- One nurse educator, nursing clinician/practitioner, or member of the public for a three-year term