Addiction Recovery Residential Counselor
- Experience Level
The Epiphany Center, a non-profit in San Francisco, provides client-centered care to a diverse population of children, women, and families who are the most vulnerable in our society. Our purpose is to strengthen family life and to enhance the physical, social-emotional, intellectual and spiritual growth of each person in our care.
The Addiction Recovery Residential Counselor for a women’s recovery program is responsible for the implementation of the residential program routine and guidelines and for the daily supervision of residents and their children.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, CREDENTIALS & LICENSURE
- Drug and Alcohol Counselor Certification or Registration.
- Valid California Driver’s License and good driving record.
- Must demonstrate personal qualities of maturity, responsibility, good judgment, appropriate professional boundaries, and understanding of trauma informed care.
- Must possess or be able to obtain and maintain current CPR and First Aid certificates.
- Supervises residents and their children in the residence and ensures rules and guidelines are followed on planned house activities.
- Implements all relevant areas of the client treatment plan as assigned.
- Maintains communication with staff through documentation as assigned.
- Completes all records and reports as assigned.
- Oversees and supervises residents in performance of household chores, ensuring that the house environment is clean and safe.
- Monitors the safety of children residing in the house and reports any concern of child abuse/neglect to the Program Coordinator and/or Hotline.
- Supervises the residents in meal planning, shopping and meal preparation.
- Monitors all visitors to the residence and completes appropriate documentation.
- Makes regular security checks of entire facility and grounds.
- Participates in weekly staff meetings and in-service trainings.
- Required to drive clients in agency vehicles for recreational, educational, medical, cultural, and spiritual outings.
- Ability to read and interpret written information such as safety rules, policy and procedure manuals.
- Communicates effectively with coworkers, clients and personnel associated with outside agencies.
- Maintains client confidentiality in all circumstances as required by professional ethics and legal requirements.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume with a cover letter to HRJobs@theEpiphanyCenter.org