Development Assistant, Part-time
- Position Type
- Part Time
Christian City Position Description – Development Assistant
Position Title: Development Assistant, Part-time
Department: CCI Fund Development
FLSA Status: non-exempt
Schedule: 20 hrs/week average; across 4 or 5 days/week. Afternoons or mornings are fine.
Reports to: Chief Development Officer
Position purpose: to support the achievement of fundraising goals in support of Christian City’s mission, allowing Christian City to extend Christ’s call to love your neighbor through housing, healthcare, and crisis intervention.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- High attention to detail
- Knowledge of basic office functions.
- Ability to work within a team and supporting various individuals and projects.
- Excellent business etiquette.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills with a clear embrace of the mission of Christian City.
- Highly organized approach to work with strong follow-through on tasks and goals.
- Communication of a positive attitude, showing concern for people and community and demonstrating presence, self-confidence, common sense, and good listening ability.
- Donor centered approach with commitment to excellent customer service.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office suite. Experience with donor database software (Raiser’s Edge) is preferred.
- Experience working in a nonprofit development operation is preferred.
- Absolute embrace of Christian City's mission.
Essential collaborative relationships
There are a variety of relationships to be maintained which will contribute to success. These include:
- All Development Team staff
- Executive Assistant
- Director of Marketing and Communication
- Working with the CDO, become knowledgeable of planned giving program and serve as primary implementer of planned giving activities, including working with vendors to create and mail newsletters, maintaining records of planned gifts, responding to inquiries and needs from donors and attorneys, and coordinating outreach efforts to prospective planned giving donors.
- Provide support to CDO for administrative and reporting needs for the operation and growth of the Development Team.
- Provide clerical and administrative support to all development functions, including mail appeals, social media communication, campaigns, campaign events, and government grants as needed.
- Assistance with set-up and break-down of events held on-campus, and occasionally those held off-campus.
- On occasion, assist with public relations and informational outreach activities and events.
- Demonstrate professional conduct at all times, managing conflict with grace, tact and patience.
- Participate in development meetings and in professional education to strengthen knowledge and skills.
- Communicate appreciation, patience and assistance with Christian City donors and volunteers.
- Become an advocate for Christian City’s ministries in your community and your network.
- On occasion, enter donations into our database and produce acknowledgement letter as needed in absence of Database Assistant and Database Administrator.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
Effect on end results:
- Accurate and timely support of fundraising activities and communication, as directed.
- Effectively maintained files, electronic and hard files.
- Accurate and timely support of special fundraising initiatives and projects, as directed.
- Increased participation in planned giving society.