Client Operations Associate
- Experience Level
Montcalm is a wealth management firm that blends expert investing with new economy sustainability and independent vision. We are proud to be a certified B Corporation, a new kind of business that balances purpose and profit. This means we consider the impact of our decisions on our employees, customers, suppliers, community, and the environment.
Guided by our long-held values of integrity, collaboration, engagement and client sustainability, we invest in companies, asset classes, and investment vehicles that provide superior cash flows and are achieving greatness through innovative products, services and environmental and social practices.
What We're Looking For
We are seeking a client service professional to join our team! The primary purpose of this position is to handle client operations and maintenance activities for our wealth management and impact investment teams. Working in a collaborative team environment, the Client Operations Associate is responsible for meeting service expectations, ensuring the accuracy of client account administrative activities, and developing collaborative relationships with clients and advisors. This role is responsible for creating a compelling client experience and providing a high level of service throughout the client lifecycle.
Who You Are
- You have the motivation, professional aspiration and confidence to exceed expectations and a desire to expand your role and responsibilities within the firm.
- You hold confidentiality and discretion in high regard.
- You have meticulous attention to detail, strong client service focus, a good sense of humor, operational experience, and collaborative nature.
- You are solution-oriented and willing to do “whatever it takes” in order to get the job done.
- You handle change like a pro and are able to adapt and go with the flow in a dynamic work environment.
- You thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, love to collaborate with a team, and truly enjoy providing exceptional client service.
Primary Responsibilities for this Position
- Help coordinate and provide accurate, timely and effective support for clients, including processing account paperwork and addressing client inquiries and problems.
- Process and follow up on account paperwork, set up client accounts, maintain client files and records, and generate appropriate statements and reporting.
- Promptly and effectively address client inquiries and requests and provide proactive communication and information, as appropriate. Research and resolve problems and appropriately escalate opportunities to the advisors/leaders.
- Complete cashiering responsibilities and ACH/wire/Check requests.
- Coordinate with team members to provide consistent, effective client support and service:
- Own responsibility for successful client relationships.
- Coordinate with technical specialists and client relationship manager, as needed.
- Provide administrative support in completion of onboarding process for new client relationships.
- Initiate and/or participate in projects and/or initiatives as appropriate with the intent of continual improvement in processes, client experiences, etc.
- Utilize CRM to record all operational activities related to clients.
- Complete 100% of Action Items related to clients in a timely manner.
- Manage client set onboarding and offboarding, and new investment accounts using Addepar software.
- Strong client service orientation. Ability to interact with high net worth clients in a confident and professional manner.
- Collaborative by nature and willing to strategize with entire team on best practices and ideas for growth.
- Detail-oriented and a stickler for accuracy and timeliness. Project management oriented, organized with the ability to prioritize.
- Strong sense of operational and compliance risk management.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to simplify complex financial concepts and explain them to internal and external clients.
- A self-starter, takes initiative. Strong work ethic.
- Highly technology proficient. This role will require extensive use of MS Office tools, CRM, and performance reporting software (Addepar).
- Common sense is a valued trait. Team player, collaborative, able to work with and through others.
- Ability to be discreet and keep confidentiality.
- Desire/ability to work in a small, fast moving, innovative company environment.
- Experience within a financial services firm.
- Familiarity with brokerage or investment advisory operations.
- Familiarity with CRM systems and custodial platform tools
- Familiarity with trust accounts and paperwork a plus
- Familiarity with alternative investment and direct corporate investment closings
- A Bachelor’s degree or greater; Private Wealth, Investment Banking, Private Equity Experience preferred.
- Strong mathematical aptitude; superb written and verbal communication skills; team player.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and proven ability to learn other software and technology
- Demonstrative attention to detail, self-initiated follow-through; outstanding time management and organizational skills; and interpersonal and external facing skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to juggle multiple and competing tasks and demands.
Montcalm is an equal opportunity employer. The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
More searches like this
- Administrative / Clerical Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Customer Service / Retail Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Program / Project Management Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in San Francisco