Program Director for Kinship Family Services
- Experience Level
Innovative Solutions for Disadvantage & Disability (ISDD) is a growing Atlanta-area nonprofit with an exciting opportunity for an experienced individual to provide leadership and oversight to our kinship family services program. Our target population is made up of older relatives who are raising non-biological children (grandchildren, grandnieces or nephews, etc.) with disabilities. We are the largest provider of comprehensive support services for kinship families in the Atlanta Metro Area.
The ideal candidate for this position has at least three years of social work case management experience working with seniors, families and/or children with disabilities and three years of program management or supervisory experience.
HOW TO APPLY (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY):
- Apply at www.indeed.com – direct link: https://www.indeed.com/job/program-director-kinship-family-services-c2c0e812e0e44589
- Ensure you have the requested qualifications
- Answer all screening questions
- Submit a cover letter explaining your interest in this position
- Submit a resume
- Complete the assessments offered at the end of the application process
INCOMPLETE applications will NOT be considered.
The Program Director, reporting to the Executive Director, is responsible for the delivery and overall success of ISDD’s programs. This includes initiating and setting goals, planning and developing programs from start to completion, setting deadlines, milestones processes and operations, and evaluating their success according to ISDD’s strategic objectives. The Program Director supervises program staff, contractors and volunteers and performs programmatic duties and social work services as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees the planning, implementation and evaluation of ISDD programs including the development of goals and objectives
- Ensures program operations and activities adhere to legal guidelines and internal policies
- Provides and maintains the highest quality service delivery for clients
- Devises evaluation strategies to monitor performance and determine the need for improvements
- Discovers ways to enhance efficiency and productivity of procedures and people
- Hires, orients and evaluates staff performance and provides training as needed
- Supervises contractors and volunteers performing or assisting with program services
- Conducts initial phone contact and intake for program participants
- Performs home visits, family assessments and case plan development with client caseload
- Provides client individual case management and follow-up
- Reviews and updates resources and develops curriculums for program participants
- Keeps confidential and accurate records and documentation
- Conducts data entry and audits program staff data entry and case management files to ensure accuracy of entry that all services are alignment with ISDD standards
- Oversees client email, phone calls and newsletter communications
- Participates in the planning, preparation and development of grant applications, progress reports, contracts and other necessary grants management work
- Conducts community outreach
- Lead and/or participate in local/state/national committees and groups that are working to provide solutions in ISDD’s program areas
- Performs additional duties as assigned by the Executive Director
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, techniques and professional standards in the field of social work including person-centered care and trauma informed treatment
- Child welfare experience and knowledge
- Proven experience as a program director or other managerial/supervisory position
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods
- Excellent knowledge of performance evaluation techniques and methods
- Outstanding knowledge of data analysis and reporting
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of people of various socio-economic and educational backgrounds
- Group facilitation skills
- Knowledge of community organizations and social service programs
- Ability to exercise initiative and problem solving
- Proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office Suite, email and electronic calendars
At least three years of social work case management experience working with seniors, families and/or children with disabilities and three years of program management or supervisory experience. Master degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, Education or related field (preferred); OR, Bachelor degree in a behavioral science or related field AND four years of experience working in a social service field or related capacity, including program supervision.
Must be able to work some evenings and have reliable transportation, current auto insurance and a valid Georgia driver's license.
ISDD is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status or status as a veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.