- Experience Level
Classification: Part-time salaried, non-exempt
Hours: Approximately 8–12 hours per week
Reports to: Senior Pastor
The Financial Administrator ensures that church financial records are updated in a timely and accurate manner following the church’s financial policies and procedures. Financial records include donor records, cash disbursements, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, financial reports, budgets, and donor-restricted fund records. The Financial Administrator also assists with preparations for the church’s annual budget and financial audits. The Financial Administrator works with confidential information and must respect privacy and confidences of church staff and church members. This is a part-time, non-exempt, salaried position eligible for paid time off.
Responsibilities and Duties
The responsibilities of the Financial Administrator for Kingswood Church include, but are not limited to:
- Manage and oversee all financial institution accounts for the church
- Review and document income from multiple sources (offering contributions, programs, sale of stocks, etc.)
- Review Accounts Payable and document payments
- Review and document payroll
- Reporting including Weekly Recap (distributed to Senior Pastor and Finance Chair), YTD Totals (for bulletin), monthly reports (for committees), and end of year reports
- Oversee cash management of the various bank accounts and internal restricted funds
- Reconcile bank statements for all accounts monthly
- Review, correct, print and mail quarterly giving statements for all members and friends
- Attend meetings as needed including but not limited to quarterly Finance Committee meetings
- Complete payroll audit for Workmen’s Comp Insurance annually
- Entry and verification of tax information for 1099 contract workers and W-2 employees
- Enters new budget for the coming year into ACS.
- Enters pledges from Stewardship Campaign into ACS.
The responsibilities of the Financial Administrator for The Kingswood Preschool include, but are not limited to:
- Manage and oversee all financial institution accounts for the school
- Review and document tuition payments and monthly allocations
- Review and document payroll
- Manage payments of invoices
- Completes monthly bank reconciliations
- Administer cash management to for all bank accounts and restricted accounts.
Qualifications and Skills
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in bookkeeping, accounting, or related field from an accredited college or university or comparable experience
- At least five years of experience in bookkeeping or accounting, preferably in a church setting
- Thorough understanding of bookkeeping and basic accounting rules
- Experience with payroll required; Experience with ADP preferred
- Experience with church management systems or member management software preferred; Experience with ACS a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Good oral and written communication skills
- A proven record of trustworthiness and honesty
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work with others, including staff, members, and volunteers, in a supportive, collegial team relationship supporting the ministries and mission of the church
- Ability to work independently to meet deadlines and manage time efficiently
Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time position that averages 8 hours per week. One day per week on campus is preferred, pending compliance with local and state COVID-19 restrictions. Some attendance at evening and weekend meetings is required.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to sit and use their hands and fingers to handle or feel. The employee is required to talk and hear, stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, and to stoop, kneel, and lift at least 20+ pounds to move equipment and materials. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision for use of PC, ability to read materials related to financial management.
Compensation: $20,000 - $24,000 annual salary
To Apply: Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Submissions received by October 25, 2020 will receive first consideration.
About Kingswood Church:
Kingswood Church, located in the heart of Dunwoody, strives to be a loving community where all are welcome. Kingswood has a range of ministries to serve the community in faith, with an emphasis on youth, children’s, and family ministries. The church currently holds two worship services on Sunday mornings, at 11:00 am and 8:45 am (traditional service). The church was founded in 1968 and has approximately 500 members. There are two appointed pastors, a separate minister of worship arts, and three staff members in the church office. Visit us on the web at http://kingswood.church
Equal Opportunity Employment:
Kingswood Church provides employment opportunity based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, age, creed, physical disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, and as outlined in the 2016 Book of Discipline, Paragraph 162, A, E, F, G, H, I, and J.
It is the policy of Kingswood Church to comply with the relevant and applicable provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Kingswood Church will not discriminate against any qualified employee or job applicant with respect to any terms, privileges, or conditions of employment because of a person’s physical disability. Kingswood Church will also make reasonable accommodations wherever necessary for all employees or applicants with disabilities, provided that the individual is otherwise qualified to safely perform the essential duties and assignments connected with the job and provided that any accommodations made do not impose an undue hardship on Kingswood Church.