- Degree Level
The Cathedral Preschool, founded in 1970, welcomes teaching candidates to become part of a collaborative and supportive faculty, with a common goal of continuously improving a great school.
DESCRIPTION, RESPONSIBILITIES, & DUTIES
- Observe and reflect on students to design and facilitate a hands-on, student-centered curriculum that combines developmentally appropriate academic and social-emotional learning.
- Flexibly adapt lesson plans and provocations to the questions, observations, ideas, and interests of the students.
- Model communication and compassionate problem-solving strategies and assist children as they learn to negotiate and manage conflict.
- Actively pursue professional development opportunities and be engaged with fellow teachers in mutual support and feedback.
- Provide an inclusive classroom, celebrating each child's unique abilities.
- Utilize technology and strong writing skills to communicate with families and colleagues.
- Ability to work 8:30 am-1:30 pm Monday-Thursday and 8:30-12:30 pm Friday (24 hours per week)
- Interest in teaching summer camp, as a supplement to the regular school year a plus.
- Lead Teachers: BA/BS degree in Early Childhood Education or Child Development minimum
- 3+ years of early childhood teaching or related experience
- The ideal candidate will have previous experience teaching preschool implementing a project learning model along with extensive knowledge of how to teach early literacy and numeracy skills using the Orton-Gillingham approach.
Co-Lead Pre-Kindergarten teaching position- Salary includes paid holidays and school breaks.
Placement on the salary scale is commensurate with education and experience.
Send a cover letter, resume, and the names of three references to Laurie Campbell, Director, at laurie.campbell@cpsatlorg.