- Experience Level
Women Engaged exists because if Black women thrive, everyone around her flourishes.
Since 2014, Women Engaged uses an innovative, hands-on community based learning approach to advance Black women’s human rights, Black youth empowerment and civic engagement efforts in Georgia. Women Engaged develops policy recommendations, conducts research and organizes initiatives paired with leadership development, savvy communications outreach strategies and robust civic engagement opportunities.
For more information, please visit: https://www.womenengaged.org
Join our Team
We love working with people who are:
- Loyal - Are you able to stick with Black women, girls, and femmes until they get to where they want to be in life?
- Helpful - Are you willing to provide help that solves problems and empowers?
- Resourceful - Are you able to think logistically and skillfully take on new situations?
Everyone at Women Engaged has a good time bringing rigor, thoughtfulness, generosity, and joy to their work.
- Reading - We think deeply and attempt to understand the issues that affect black women, their families and communities and what it takes for them to thrive.
- Pursuing Excellence - We don’t give up or take shortcuts that will compromise the quality of our work.
- Engaging - We eagerly engage in dialogue through social media and/or conversations in order to build relationships with stakeholders, allies, community members, and public leaders on the issues deemed important to Black women, girls, and femmes, from Black women, girls, and femmes.
Women Engaged is seeking a talented leader to serve as Deputy Director with a record of success leading and developing employees, overseeing organizational operations, and managing special projects including developing program impact evaluation tools. This position reports to the Executive Director.
The Deputy Director will lead a team of professional staff, ensuring work plans and goals match the mission and strategic direction of Women Engaged. The Deputy Director is a passionate, spirited leader with demonstrated strategic thinking, change leadership, and problem-solving skills. He/She is an innovative leader committed to social justice, advocacy and positive change.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop performance goals and deadlines, delegate work as needed, provide training and resources to Women Engaged team when needed, and conduct performance reviews
- Organize workflow and ensure that team members understand their duties or delegated tasks
- Monitor team members’ productivity and provide constructive feedback and coaching
- Hire and train new team members.
- Organizing WE yearly retreats
- Work closely with the Executive Director to ensure the organizational structure and systems are strategically set up to achieve the overall mission.
- Partner with Executive Director to develop annual goals to support strategic plan
- Ensure adherence to legal and company policies and procedures and undertake disciplinary actions if the need arises
- Manage and oversee WE operating budget and financials in partnership with Executive Director, WE Board, and CPA Consultant.
- Partner with Senior Program Manager in developing annual work plan and budget to support strategy
- Create tracking systems to synthesize organizational plans and produce reports on gaps in the overall strategy
- Receive complaints and resolve problems
- Direct and manage HR outsourcing efforts.
Capacity Building and Development
- Support grant writing efforts by conducting research to secure funding and completing annual and quarterly reports.
- Stay up to date on trends and cutting-edge ideas and standing in for the ED when necessary by participating on panels, press conferences, attending conferences.
- Building relationships with stakeholders both local and national upon request and direction of the ED
- Use data to help develop fundraising strategies and campaigns with the ED
- Find innovative new approaches to accomplish our work; developing long- and short-term organizing strategies and engaging new allies and potential partners in our collective work.
- Manage 5013C status and annual audit
- Track and complete compliance documents and registration records.
- Light grant management including grant compliance reporting
Prepared to write blog and OpED pieces
The ideal candidate for this position will possess many, if not all, of the following qualifications:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree, Masters preferred
- 4 + years experience leading a team of professionals and managing day-to-day operations.
- 5+ years of leadership experience in reproductive justice, civic engagement, and/or community organizing preferred
- 4 + years program management experience.
- Experience building and managing relationships with stakeholders and working with underrepresented and/or diverse communities
- Excellent organizational, time management, oral and written communication skills
- Diplomatic, strategic, professional approach to problem-solving, and the ability to think independently and critically.
- Sharp analytical skills
The salary range for this position is $85,000 - $90,000. Women Engaged also offers a generous benefits package.
NRG Consulting Group is leading the search for Women Engaged’s Deputy Director. For more information or to schedule an informational interview, please contact Naomi Roth-Gaudette at firstname.lastname@example.org.