Finance & Operations Manager
- Experience Level
ABOUT TEEN SUCCESS, INC.
Teen Success, Inc. builds pathways to prosperity for two generations—young mothers and their children. We believe that education is the key factor in breaking the intergenerational cycle of poverty faced by young families. Teen Success, Inc. empowers young mothers to complete high school and persist through post-secondary education, and nurture their child’s positive development to ensure the success of the whole family. Our two-generation approach involves partnering with young mothers to heal trauma, build skills and a future mindset, and address the barriers they face to being successful in school and in life.
The young women Teen Success, Inc. works with are low-income, 94% are women of color, and many are from immigrant families. In addition to the challenges and stigma associated with being a young mother, Teen Success, Inc. members are faced with further complexities including housing instability; limited access to healthcare and reproductive health information; emotional and physical violence in their homes, relationships and communities; lack of access to affordable childcare; and racism and discrimination.
Teen Success, Inc. has supported over 1,500 families since our founding in 2011. Every year, over 85% of our program participants graduate from high school, as compared to 38% of teen mothers nationally. The children of the young mothers we work with are thriving as well, with close to 90% meeting their linguistic milestones which is setting them up to be kindergarten ready.
Teen Success, Inc. currently operates programs in the following areas of California: San Jose, Redwood City, Fresno, Sacramento and Monterey County.
The Finance & Operations Manager is a key administrative position that will support the day-to-day operations of a fast-paced, team-oriented organization. Working closely with the Executive Director, the position will support all finance, human resources, board and office management functions of the organization. The ideal candidate is a flexible, positive, detail-driven and self-directed professional with finance and administrative skills and a commitment to learning and growth.
- Serve as the primary liaison to the contract accountants regarding monthly A/P and A/R processing, contracts invoicing, payroll and other accounting process
- Provides support for the annual audit including working with external accountants on document preparation and providing onsite assistance to the auditors
- Manages the organization’s compliance and communicates changes to the organization
- Develops and manages process for regular budget reports to leadership teams
- Works closely with hiring managers in the recruitment process by creating job postings, conducting phone interviews, coordinating in-person interviews and onboarding process
- Process and maintains all human resources information in Zenefits including new hires, changes in position, and enrollment in benefits
- Oversees biweekly payroll for staff including 401k deductions
- Coordinates contract requirements for government grants
- Supports the Executive Director by coordinating logistics of Board and Committee meetings as well as taking minutes at all Board meetings
- Be mission-driven and passionate about the population served
- Interest in improving performance to increase impact
- Maintains a positive attitude, team player, energizes others, and has a sense of humor
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- High standards for accuracy, organization and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate work with multiple team members
- Extensive experience and competency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- A high level of discretion for both professional and personal affairs
- College degree preferred
- Administrative and financial experience in a non-profit preferred
To apply, please send a cover letter describing your interest and qualifications and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the job title Finance and Operations Manager in your subject line. Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible; applications will be reviewed as they are received. Priority will be given to applications received by October 31, 2020; open until filled.
For more information about Teen Success, Inc. please visit our website: www.teensuccess.org
For details on our competitive benefits package please visit www.teensuccess.org/careers
Teen Success, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. People of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
More searches like this
- Accounting / Finance Youth Development $60,000 - $69,999 Part Time jobs in Milpitas
- Administrative / Clerical Youth Development $60,000 - $69,999 Part Time jobs in Milpitas
- Facilities / Equipment Youth Development $60,000 - $69,999 Part Time jobs in Milpitas
- Human Resources / Recruiting Youth Development $60,000 - $69,999 Part Time jobs in Milpitas