- Experience Level
Georgia Muslim Voter Project (GAMVP) is proud to announce an opening for an Executive Director. We are looking for a dedicated and passionate individual to sustain and expand the work of GAMVP as we continue to grow. This position is for a person knowledgeable about the Muslim community in Georgia and with experience in registering voters in the state.
About the Georgia Muslim Voter Project:
In an effort to increase political participation among American Muslims and educate people about the importance of voting, we have created the non-partisan, non-profit Georgia Muslim Voter Project. The mission of the Georgia Muslim Voter Project (GAMVP) is to educate Muslims in Georgia to register to vote, show up to the polls, and increase voter turnout in elections through voter education, registration drives, and grassroots organizing. GAMVP is a fully-registered 501(c)3 in the state of Georgia.
We believe that in order to cultivate lifelong voters, we truly need to engage voters in every local, state, and national election. We believe in the value and power of America’s communities finding and using their voices. Our focus is to empower American Muslims to amplify their voices through their votes. We envision an active, engaged American Muslim voting bloc, capable of upholding the equitable rights of American Muslims.
About the Position:
We seek to fill this position as quickly as possible. The ideal candidate will be available to begin work before the end of November 2020. Upon hiring, the new Director will work with the current Executive Director to ensure a seamless and efficient transition.
● Increase voter education, registration and GOTV among Georgia’s Muslim communities
● Represent GAMVP in public facing activities, including speaking engagements and media interviews
● Recruit and activate diverse segments of Georgia’s Muslim communities
● Manage GAMVP program staff, interns ,and volunteers and liaise with the GAMVP Board of Directors
● Ensure agency operations comply with applicable laws and regulations – especially those related to non-partisan voter registration policy in Georgia
● Develop and maintain relationships with partner agencies in Georgia and nationally, local masjids, donors, and vendors
● Develop key campaign strategies and oversee implementation by program staff
● Monitor and develop annual budget for approval by Board of Directors
● Work with board and staff to ensure that the mission of GAMVP is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach
● In cooperation with the board, ensure the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff
● Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization, with oversight of Board of Directors
● Oversee implementation and tracking of budget, including keeping accurate records of income and expenditures, with support form Board Treasurer
● Administrative tasks as needed
● Strong, proven track record organizing diverse groups of Muslims in Georgia (or another state)
● College degree or related work experience - preferably in political science, marketing, public relations, or related fields.
● Knowledge of, and experience in, voter registration policies and procedures for the state of Georgia
● Knowledge of, and experience with, voter rights issues in Georgia. National knowledge a plus
● Experience working with, and strong cultural competency of diverse Muslim populations
● Experience working with, and managing, diverse staff and partners
● 3+ years’ experience leading within a nonprofit organization as staff, active volunteer or board member
● Strong work ethic, maturity and accountability
● Basic understanding of financial bookkeeping. Knowledge with Quickbooks a plus.
● Proven record of leadership ability
● Ability to work in partnership with diverse communities and partner groups
● Familiarity with U.S. politics and elections
● Licensed driver with insurance and own transportation, clean driving record, and willingness to travel throughout Georgia
● Experience with fundraising and/or grants management preferred.
● Experience with voter registration and GOTV tools, such as VAN, Hustle, VoteBuilder, a plus.
● Ability to speak another language a plus
The range for this position is currently $60,000-$75,000 annually with room for increase upon further fundraising. A stipend to cover the full monthly cost of health insurance is also provided.
Send your resume, cover letter, and writing sample to Board Secretary Stephanie Jackson Ali at email@example.com. Any questions can also be directed to the above email address. Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis throughout the application period. Applications
accepted until Sunday, October 26, 11:59 pm. No calls please.