- Degree Level
Are you looking for a career that is going to make a difference? When you work at Aldea, you are part of a growing and creative team of professionals who are passionate to help people improve their wellbeing. You will be at the forefront of cutting-edge behavioral and social services making the community healthier for all of us.
By joining our team of professionals, you will gain the following:
• Enriching training opportunities.
• Provide service to a variety of client populations.
• Flexible work schedule.
• Experience in a state of the art Council on Accreditation (COA) agency to ensure best practices and high quality services.
• Opportunity to enhance professional development, including potential participation in leadership development program.
• Be part of a team of passionate, collaborative, and dedicated professionals where staff input is highly valued.
Aldea Children and Family Services is pleased to offer a comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of all of our staff and their families:
- Benefit plans available include: Medical w/ employer funded HRA deductible. Full coverage and employer paid premiums for Dental, Vision, Basic Life, Disability and EAP plans. Voluntary FSA and Supplemental Plans available.
- Generous Retirement up to 5% employer match contributions after 6 months of service including free Financial Planning.
- 13 Holidays plus 1 Floating Holiday
- Vacation: accrue up to 30 days
- Sick: accrue up to 10 days
- $600 Phone stipend
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Free Office Parking
Under the supervision of the Director of Development, the Development Associate will work as an integral part of the Development Department to increase financial support, expand awareness and enhance volunteer engagement. The Development Associate will support a wide range of fundraising, marketing, public relations, and volunteer projects, with a specific focus on special event, and marketing, direct mail, website and social media functions The position will require a blend of special events, marketing, donor and staff relations, and project management tasks.
1. Support the creation of content for and maintain website and social media accounts; create and maintain related policies and procedures as well as a social media calendar; develop and implement outcome measures for website and social media efforts.
2. Support the creation of content for and manage direct mail, email and social media fundraising campaigns (i.e., appeals).
3. Support the development of fundraising and donor appreciation events; create event sponsorship and in-kind donation request collateral; create and manage event planning and day-of timelines; determine volunteer needs and coordinate with other development staff to recruit volunteers; coordinate day-of event activities.
4. Research, gather information from various departments and support the efforts to write grant proposals for government, corporate and foundation funds.
5. Work closely with program directors and designees to create content and modify layout for organizational and program brochures. Order brochures from printer and ensure brochures are distributed appropriately throughout the agency.
6. Support the writing and submitting press releases and other marketing/public relations pieces.
7. Support the preparation of development-related reports and other materials to be presented or distributed to staff, board and development committee members.
8. Serve as a supportive resource to development staff.
9. Help represent Aldea at community events and among stakeholder groups.
10. Support the Director of Development and agency with other related duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree and two years of experience in a professional fundraising role preferred.
2. High degree of organizational skills and significant attention to detail.
3. Excellent written and oral communication as well as critical thinking skills.
4. Ability to work independently and with staff that may be located offsite.
5. Ability to juggle multiple projects at once, and respond rapidly and flexibly to changing priorities.
6. Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with a wide range of staff, committee and board members as well as volunteers.
7. Superior Internet, Microsoft Office, donor database (preferably Raiser’s Edge) and other computer skills.