Digital Fundraising Specialist
- Experience Level
Digital Fundraising Specialist
Atlanta Community Food Bank
3400 North Desert Dr., Atlanta, GA 30344
Who We Are:
The Atlanta Community Food Bank is working to end hunger in our community with the food, people and big ideas needed so that no one worries where their next meal is coming from. Since 1979, we’ve been providing food for a growing network of nonprofit partners – including food pantries, community kitchens, child care centers, night shelters and senior centers. We currently serve more than 600 partners in 29 counties across metro Atlanta and north Georgia.
About the Role:
The Digital Fundraising Specialist is responsible for supporting the Food Bank’s digital and peer-to-peer fundraising efforts. This position will work under the supervision of the Annual Giving Manager II and in collaboration with other development staff and third-party vendors to grow online revenue, acquire and retain online donors, and create a best-in-class online experience for our supporters.
What You’ll Do:
Digital Fundraising and Marketing
- Build and maintain robust peer-to-peer fundraising campaigns on platforms such as TeamRaiser, Classy, and others to support existing and new Food Bank digital fundraising initiatives. Examples include our annual Hunger Walk Run 5K event, industry and community-based food and fund drives.
- Execute online communication plans for peer-to-peer events to recruit, register, retain, recognize and equip individual participants, fundraisers and donors.
- Build and deploy emails to support annual email fundraising and engagement strategy. Tasks may include HTML coding, audience creation and segmentation, A/B testing, building donation forms, and some creative design.
- Help maintain and optimize online donation process. Regularly update donation autoresponders.
- Create new ways to collect email addresses and limit unsubscribes to encourage growth of email database.
- Monitor, track and report on key performance indicators.
- Assist in identifying and evaluating new opportunities for online, peer-to-peer and DIY fundraising.
- Provide excellent technical support for online donors and peer-to-peer event participants. Maintain personal contact and good relationships with donors through timely and polite responses to donor inquiries.
- Provide quality and timely technical support to relevant internal staff
Data and Administration:
- Work with Donor Services team to ensure appropriate coding of online gifts in Raiser’s Edge database for reporting, acknowledgement, recognition, communications and continued cultivation of donors.
- Collaborate with other Development and Marketing staff to ensure coordinated and integrated development strategies across digital channels.
- Serve as an active member of the Development team, contributing to goal setting, revenue generation and the refinement of processes and procedures. Provide onsite and offsite support for Food Bank events and other activities as needed.
- Perform related responsibilities as required.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelors or equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least one year of digital fundraising, marketing, communications, or web development experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge of fundraising best practices, benchmarks and trends.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with donor databases and audience segmentation.
Even Better if You Have:
- Familiarity with Luminate Online, Luminate TeamRaiser, Classy, and/or other email marketing and online fundraising platforms
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge CRM
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics
- Graphic design experience
- Passion for the mission of Atlanta Community Food Bank
This role may be a fit for you if you have:
- Proven ability to work independently, handle multiple projects and meet aggressive deadlines
- A strong attention to detail and focus on results and process improvement
- Ability to work some evenings, weekends and other times as required
- Genuine appreciation of the Atlanta Community Food Bank’s mission and the ability to communicate it
And You'll Love this Position if You Are:
- Strong team player who seeks out ways to collaborate with co-workers
- Outstanding at customer service and enjoy working with internal and external constituents
- Able to exercise sound judgment and discretion with highly confidential information
There may be some Physical Demands and Travel:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position works in a typical office setting. There may be extended periods of sitting, standing and/or bending; listening, talking and/or visual concentration; writing and/or computer use. This position would normally have routine opportunities to alter physical position or change eye focus. Lifting should not normally exceed 10 pounds.
- Expected travel time for this position is minimal. Must be able to travel around the metropolitan Atlanta region.
- Standard work hours between the hours of 8am-5pm with some flexibility