Accountant- COVID Recovery
- Experience Level
The position will be under the supervision of the Senior Project Manager-Accounting and will perform accounting functions required to facilitate the grant contract processes and procedures.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintain the day-to-day accounting for assigned grants
- Review and completes requests for payment or reimbursement
- Prepare and submit required reports to comply with the grant contract
- Record cash disbursements, cash receipts and journal entries into the accounting system to record activities related to the grants
- Balances accounts by reconciling entries and making the necessary adjustments
- Maintains and balances general ledger for grants related accounts
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions
- Prepares and submits grant reimbursements as required
- Create and maintain files or original documents, correspondence, and financial records
- Create and maintain payment schedules
- Update grant data in the Smartsheets grant system
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, or finance related area
- Minimum three years nonprofit accounting experience; grants management experience a plus
- Microsoft Office including Excel
- Experience using accounting systems; QuickBooks is a plus.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize and manage various projects within strict deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and well organized
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience with federal funding requirements and programs
- Proven ability and experience with financial review and analysis
- Able to develop and produce financial reports/projects
- Meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Planning, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and coordination skills
- Able to work (and thrive) under pressure
Partners for HOME offers a competitive compensation package.
Partners for HOME provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.