- Experience Level
Provides support to Principal Investigators (PI) for sub-award and post-award activities including review and submission of progress reports, preparing budget projections, initiating and drafting subaward agreements/amendments, approval of expenditures and project set-up and entering budgets into NCIRE financial system.
- Prepares a tickler system to notify investigators of reporting and other requirements such as progress report reminders.
- Assists with preparing, modifying and renewing incoming and outgoing subcontracts for research awards.
- Assists with approving expenditures in the financial system
- Reviewing and approving of subcontract invoices
- Able to learn, understand and interpret institutional policies, OMB Circulars; and sponsor policies
- Able to learn, read and understand award notices
- Able to learn how to forecast accurate and meaningful projected balances for progress reports.
- Must be able to create and present adequate long-term budget projections
- Will review and approve reimbursements by following institutional policies, OMB Circulars, and sponsor policies.
- Must be able to anticipate next steps and take the initiative to respond to them proactively
- Project set-up within NCIRE financial systems
- Responsible for input of budget entries in financial systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree, business administration, finance, or a related field with 3 years of relevant administrative and financial experience, or the equivalent in education and experience required.
- Prior experience with financial or general office experience required.
- Excellent accounting, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively, independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to exercise judgment, initiative and discretion and to interact with staff and outside agencies in a professional manner.
- Proficiency with computers- data bases, spreadsheets, and other office software applications.
For more information about NCIRE -- The Veterans Health Research Institute or to apply for this exciting opportunity, please visit us at www.ncire.org. You may apply directly, by cutting and pasting the below link into your browser:
NCIRE --The Veterans Health Research Institute is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Per San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance, NCIRE - The Veterans Health Research Institute will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.