- Degree Level
POSITION TITLE: Graphic Designer
REPORTS TO: Director of Marketing
STATUS: Full-time, Exempt
PRINCIPAL FUNCTION: The Graphic Designer will work with a passionate team of Federation marketing professionals to convey information visually and continue to elevate the brand, supporting the needs of a variety of in-house clients. We are a team committed to growth, for our organization, for our team, and for the individual. If you are innovative and passionate, with a keen sense for design and strong technical skills, we want to hear from you!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Concepting and Design Projects
The Graphic Designer is the primary person responsible for concepting and executing all design work, working within a set of brand standards as well as helping push the boundaries of extending the possibilities while staying on brand. Projects include but are not limited to:
- Flyers, brochures, posters, and other print collateral
- E-mail, social media and website graphics
- Newsletter and impact report templates
- Print and digital ads
- Direct mail, postcards
- Signage, banners
- Notecards, letterhead, and other office needs
- Branding and logo design
- Infographics and other means of data visualization
- Manage all outside print vendor relationships with all associated details around specs, processes, timelines, etc.
- Hire and oversee production/design intern, as well as any other outsourced creative opportunities
The above job duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work for an employee in this position, but this is not intended as an exclusive or all-inclusive inventory of all duties required of employees in this job.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite – with particular emphasis on InDesign, Illustrator and Acrobat
- Proficiency in Office products such as Microsoft Publisher, PowerPoint and Word
- Experience in Canva, gif animation, website graphic development and Adobe Premier or other video editing software a plus
- Strong understanding of traditional, digital and social media
- Ability to organize, prioritize, manage and complete multiple, often-competing projects with dependability
- Driven, self-starter, resourceful and able to work with minimal direction
- Strong customer service while maintaining the ability to drive outcomes with clients of different personalities
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities to present conceptual ideas to clients
- Collaborative team player with a positive attitude and a willingness to learn and grow
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in graphic design
- 3+ years design experience
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Intermittent standing and walking with prolonged periods of sitting at desk or in meetings.
BENEFITS: We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, and life insurance; 403 (b) Thrift Plan with employer match; Paid Time Off; Holiday pay
* Jewish Federation of Greater Atlanta is an equal opportunity employer.