Geriatric Care Manager/Case Manager-- Metro Atlanta
- Degree Level
Jewish Family & Career Services “JF&CS” is a Georgia non-profit organization with a roughly 13 million dollar budget. The agency makes hope and opportunity happen by providing integrated programs and services that maximize self-sufficiency and quality of life. The JF&CS Foundation holds the agency’s endowment and restricted fund assets. JF&CS is now seeking a Geriatric Care Manager/Case Manager in our Aviv Older Adult Services division.
- To deliver comprehensive geriatric care management services to elders and/or families facing difficult decisions or periods of transition with a loved one that is an elder.
- To provide case management services for family caregivers and elder care recipients.
- To provide case management services for family caregivers and elder care recipients residing in Fulton County.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide Geriatric Care Management (GCM) services (private pay & grant-funded, as needed) to all of the family caregivers and elders as assigned.
- Provide on-going case management support to low-income elders and caregivers, including those receiving financial assistance with funds supported by the Truist Foundation and Respite Voucher Program.
- Outreach using partnerships to enroll low-income, elders and caregivers in case management services.
- Assist with reporting, tracking, and evaluation of client information and program outcomes for reports and grant proposals.
- Conduct client assessment and develop care plan based on assessment results.
- Work with clients to implement care plan and follow up with/reassess client as required by grant/contract and/or as needed.
- Maintain all client files in accordance with CARF (the agency’s accrediting body) regulations and funding requirements
- Enter and submit all required information and documentation in Electronic Health Records software (NextStep).
- Conduct in office, in home visits with elders and caregivers, as needed as specified by grant contract or funder.
- Maintain and track grant financial assistance monies for clients provided through grant or contract.
- Oversee coordination of services and funds provided for the Respite Voucher Program and provide case management services, as needed, for caregivers receiving funds.
- Participate in supervision and attend required staff meetings and professional development trainings and classes.
- Assist supervisor with planning for caregiver retreat.
- Provide supervision for the Assistant Case Manager in the Respite Voucher Program as well as other case managers, as needed.
- Provide outreach and marketing to inform referral sources of GCM services and other Aviv services available for elders and their caregivers through JF&CS.
- If requested by client, provide GCM services on occasional evenings and weekends.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Must have sufficient knowledge of the following:
- Client-centered values and a commitment to working to enhance their lives
- Excellent knowledge base and comfort level working with persons with mental illness across the age range
- Knowledge of community resources for the elderly and caregivers
- Knowledge of cognitive behavioral and dialectical behavioral therapy techniques considered a plus
- Thorough knowledge of community resources and entitlement programs and excellent skills as a client advocate to access resources
- A great team player
- Able to plan and help clients reach goals
- Good use of the English language and able to communicate clearly
- Must be able to manage time effectively, maintain boundaries and cope with crises
- Must have valid Georgia Driver’s License, insured personal vehicle and be willing to transport clients when necessary
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in social work, nursing (RN) or other area of human service preferred, with related experience working with elders and family caregivers, as well as strong knowledge of community resources.
How to Apply?
- To apply, please follow this link to locate the full job description and application: https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp03/ats/careers/searchResults.jsp?org=JFCSA&cws=1