Director of Finance
- Experience Level
Our House is searching for a Director of Finance to provide excellence in full cycle accounting and payroll practices for a non-profit organization. Reporting the CEO, the incumbent will also hold responsibility for ensuring HR, IT and Facilities practices, policies and procedures are conducive to the effective operations of all mission related activities and ensuring legal and regulatory compliance in all functions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include:
The Director of Finance is responsible for all core business related activities including Finance, Human Resources, Technology and Facilities. With a staff of 3 direct reports, the Director of Finance will be charged with ensuring practices, policies and procedures are conducive to the effective operations of all mission related activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide financial leadership to ensure that Our House operates in a fiscally sound and efficient manner.
- Ensure effective financial/accounting practices are consistent with GAAP, developing and implementing best practice finance and administrative systems for average annual budget of $3.5 million
- Manage financial records and reports, including financial reports to funding organizations and internal financial reporting
- Manage organizational budget and projections, cash flow management, payables, and receivables
- Administer and manage all payroll and time keeping processes
- Oversee annual budgeting process and monthly income and expense projections, working closely with the Board Treasurer, Accountant, CEO and senior leadership team.
- Manage all A/R and A/P activities to ensure that regular bookkeeping and accounting processes function in a timely and accurate fashion
- Develop, Document and implement processes, procedures and systems to ensure effective and efficient financial operations.
- Achieve, maintain and ensure compliance with all accrediting and licensing stipulations and with all federal, state and local funding regulations.
- Coordinate and lead the audit process, liaise with external auditors and the finance committee of the board of directors; assess any changes necessary.
Manage the technology infrastructure to ensure capacity to support the work and mission of Our House.
- Manage technology vendor
- Support staff in managing on-site issues
- Provide guidance and recommendations on technology needs.
Manage Organization Risk
- Ensure all liability, worker’s comp, and other insurance policies meet the needs of the organization
- Manage benefits offerings and enrollment processes
- Manage Human Resources function of the organization
- Provide effective leadership and support to Board and Committees as assigned by the CEO.
A minimum of a BA in accounting or related field. preferred. 2-3 years of related professional experience.
- MBA, CPA, or advanced degree in related field.
- 3-5 Years Related Experience, including 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Experience in a non profit environment with multiple restricted and government grants.
- HR Experience
- A strategic thinker who thrives on problem solving, and takes an energetic, proactive approach to meeting organizational needs
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Exceptional organizational abilities
- Advanced Computer skills including above average proficiency in QuickBooks, MS Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher
- Skills in writing and working with statistical data
- Thorough understanding of finance and accounting policies and practices
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
Other Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Thorough understanding of finance and accounting policies and practices, with the ability to lead business planning, budgeting and analysis
- Two or more years of supervisory experience
- Excellent project management skills; demonstrated ability to effectively manage all tactical aspects of a project, including schedule, methods, resource utilization, implementation and deliverables for medium to large scale projects in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and act as both a strategic leader and an individual contributor with excellent decision making abilities
- Prior experience in human resources/ benefits administration strongly desired
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to influence positive business outcomes in a collaborative manner
- Demonstrated success in building relationships with internal and external stakeholders
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: email@example.com.
About Our House
At Our House we are game changers. We provide shelter to live and education to thrive. The mission of Our House is end the cycle of homelessness for families. For almost 30 years, Our House has been a beacon of hope for homeless parents in search of quality, affordable care for their young children. www.ourhousega.org