Contracts and Grants Specialist I
- Experience Level
This is an entry level position within the Contracts and Grants Department at NCIRE. The incumbent will learn the functions of pre- and post-award management related to budgets, cost compliance, and rules and regulations governing OMB circulars and institutional policy.
- Assist PI’s with preparation of grant applications to various funders
- Work with Solomon system and learn how to set up new projects and enter budgets
- Provide administrative and analytical support
- Maintain compliance documentation required for assigned projects
- Coordinates approval process of grant applications
- Review and approve or deny expenditures against assigned projects
- Assists with preparing requests for No Cost Extensions, carryover approvals, re-budgeting, changes in scope of work, and other changes to the award; ensures all requests are done in compliance with sponsor guidelines and NCIRE policies
- Works in a professional manner effectively and cooperatively with a diverse clientele establishing effective working relationships with both internal and external customers
- Ensures compliance with prime award terms and conditions
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) in related field, with a minimum of 2-5 years of work experience with accounting and analysis and/or a fast-past administrative support environment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have good critical thinking skills analytical, logical, and be proficient with managing numbers and data.
- Strong and effective Communication Skills, the ability to tailor communication as needed to various audiences
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook or other fund accounting software
- Demonstrated competence in the use of spreadsheet and databases
- Commitment to excellence in customer service and performance
- Ability to be proactive, analyze, problem solve, interpret and apply policies/regulations
- Ability to manage multiple projects, tasks and priorities to achieve desired goals and timelines
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team efficiently
- Previous experience in a university institution or non-profit organization highly desirable
For more information about NCIRE -- The Veterans Health Research Institute or to apply for this exciting opportunity, please visit us at www.ncire.org. You may apply directly, by cutting and pasting the below link into your browser:
NCIRE --The Veterans Health Research Institute is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Per San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance, NCIRE - The Veterans Health Research Institute will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.