Marketing and Communications Strategist
- Degree Level
THE ATLANTA SPEECH SCHOOL
Marketing and Communications Strategist
The Rollins Center for Language & Literacy is the School’s professional development center dedicated to eradicating illiteracy across the United States, through both live teacher training and the Center’s online Cox Campus, now reaching 120,000-plus teachers and other members in all 50 states. The Campus has a huge footprint in Georgia, and is now seeking to extend the depth of its engagement to four other selected states – Arizona, Colorado, Maryland and North Carolina – in strategic partnership with the national Campaign for Grade Level Reading.
These professionals make up the environment around young children that are required for each child’s reading brain construction. We synthesize the nation’s best research in this area and translate it into best practices professionals can put in place right away. Through our on-site live work and online campus, we offer ongoing mentoring and coaching to professionals so ALL children are on a path to reading proficiently by the end of third grade. More specifically, our work concentrates on breaking the cycle of illiteracy for children whose families have experienced generational lack of access (or denied access) to educational opportunity. Our online learning management system is the Cox Campus. The Cox Campus courses are universally accessible and free of charge (coxcampus.org).
We do this work with a strong sense of mission – to extend universally the social justice of literacy by acting on the truth spoken more than 150 years ago by Frederick Douglass: “Once you learn to read you are forever free.” Rollins leaders and instructors work with educators, health care agencies, families and child-facing professionals to advance the science of reading through coaching and online learning. We do this by synthesizing the nation’s best research in this area and through direct relationships with leading experts at Yale, UCLA and other universities across the country. We believe we cannot succeed without building community ecosystems conducive to literacy – where connection is valued over compliance, children feel safe and supported, deep reading is enabled and the possibilities for each child’s future are wide open. The Cox Campus is free of charge and focuses on engagement with children from the last trimester in utero through age 9.
Marketing Strategist: Marketing and Communications Strategist will report to the Director of the Rollins Center of the Atlanta Speech School and will work collaboratively with the Center’s team of PhD’s and Masters level experts to devise and continuously refine the marketing and communications strategy for the Rollins Center and its learning management system, the Cox Campus. It is a time of dynamic growth for the Campus in the ever more complex and competitive space of the Internet, as distance learning becomes more ingrained in our nation’s educational culture. The role requires a dynamic, creative and sophisticated thinker in the digital realm.
Responsibilities will include:
- Guide and collaboratively set the vision for the Cox Campus platform and affiliated digital avenues to drive awareness, membership, and engagement of the Cox Campus
- Oversee all marketing efforts for the Rollins Center’s projects
- In concert with the Speech School’s Communications Director, work towards specific marketing goals that align with the overall direction and business goals of the Rollins Center
- Lead all digital marketing execution for the Cox Campus, including but not limited to SEO, SEM, marketing automation, social media, and other organic and paid digital efforts; consult Communications for other School digital needs (i.e. SEO for School website)
- Manage digital product growth efforts for the Cox Campus with a focus on user acquisition, active membership growth, engagement, and retention strategies
- Manage relationships with any agencies providing support to digital and traditional marketing efforts; including but not limited to social media execution, SEO, PR, branding, etc.
- Promote upcoming events and activities through all effective avenues
- Ensure efficient, quality project turnaround time
- Lead efforts, provide support and marketing guidance as needed for offline marketing opportunities such as trade shows and conferences
- Conduct in-depth research to identify new market opportunities and consumer preferences to support campaign creations
- Track and measure marketing outcomes including marketing activities, response, leads, retention, and ROI
- Forecast market trends
- Generate innovative ideas to promote our brand and our products
- Use customer feedback to ensure client satisfaction
- Ensure brand alignment to increase brand awareness and equity
- Work closely with the Development Coordinator and Technology Specialist on the ongoing product and feature development of the Cox Campus
Atlanta Speech School Communications & Marketing Support
- Partner with Director of Communications and Executive Director of the Atlanta Speech School to support Marketing Strategy at the school level to create an integrated brand and messaging between the Speech School and the Rollins Center
- Work hand-in-hand with Director of Communications to provide consistent communication for internal and external stakeholders and audience
- Support the Executive Director in messaging for presentations and communications with partners, potential funders and other stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree, Masters preferred in Marketing, Communications or similar relevant field
- At least three years of previous marketing/communications experience
- In-depth knowledge of CRM software and Content Management Systems
- Strong understanding of paid, earned and owned digital strategies, including but not limited to: SEO, SEM, marketing automation, organic and promoted social media, and more
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Creative thinker with data-driven analytical aptitude
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite; some graphic design experience preferred
- Passion, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a 220-day, full-time school position, offering a generous benefit package including health/dental/life/vision and long term disability insurance. The Speech School subsidizes health insurance premiums of staff and families. Other benefits include Flexible Spending Account; 403(b) Plan; cost reduction of some Atlanta Speech School services; complimentary meals during working hours; and accrued sick leave.
Salary: Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please submit all of the following documents to ensure that your information is considered: cover letter, resume, college transcript, and written submission describing how your particular skills, talents, and/or expertise could be beneficial to the Atlanta Speech School (please limit to 500 words).
Director of Human Resources
The Atlanta Speech School provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws