College Access Program Manager
- Experience Level
Position: College Access Program Manager
Immediate Supervisor: Executive Director
Position Type: Full-Time
Purpose of this Position: The College Access Program Manager will work directly with the Executive Director to manage The Scholarship Academy (TSA) college access programs throughout the state of Georgia and beyond.
About The Scholarship Academy
The Scholarship Academy (TSA) is the nation's only curriculum-based scholarship preparatory program that trains low-income, first generation students how to use the principles of leadership, entrepreneurship and civic engagement to reduce student loan debt and increase eligibility for college access, matriculation, and graduation.
This spring, The Scholarship Academy will be expanding our work to include scholarship and career preparatory support for college students. Currently, we serve nearly 500 high school students in the Atlanta metropolitan area via a series of workshops, boot camps and staff trainings. The Program Manager will be responsible for management and oversight of college access programs in efforts to impact more than 5000 low-income students throughout the state of Georgia and beyond.
To learn more, please visit www.scholarshipacademy.org.
The Scholarship Academy College Access Program Manager
Type of Position: 40 hours per week (flexible schedule), Virtual Support through 2020
Date Position is Available: October 8,2020
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience
I. Required Skills
- Bachelor’s degree and at least two years of full-time work experience in business/nonprofit operations, career services and/or project management
- Applicant must have significant college access and youth development experience with an emphasis on financial aid planning supports
- Applicant should have experience with student and volunteer recruitment and special event planning
- Supervisory experience preferred, but not required.
- Excellent communication, organization, interpersonal, and time management skills.
- Desire to work in a growing nonprofit organization, ability to adapt, creativity, and commitment to excellence highly valued.
- Applicant must pass a criminal background check.
II. Job Description
We are seeking a dynamic, high-energy leader to join our successful, growing organization as part of our program leadership team. The College Access Program Manager will manage Scholarship Academy programs within our high schools, and support our outreach events in multiple counties.
The Program Manager will be responsible for managing our in-school program model, which includes partnership relationship management, student recruitment, volunteer recruitment, training, and onboarding, and financial accounts management, to provide ongoing supports to our student populations. The incumbent of this position must be capable of multi-tasking and have the drive and creativity that would help spur our program towards success!
III. Specific Responsibilities
A. Partnership Relationships: Manage and maintain High School Partnerships Through GEAR UP and Learn4Life Networks: Work to build and maintain successful relationships with assigned Georgia counties by coordinating service delivery to sites on an ongoing basis and maintaining communication with key contacts in each school district. Meet with department administrators, corporate/nonprofit coordinators, and key contacts throughout the year to ensure program quality and successful communication. Responsibilities include:
- Scheduling training sessions to update and keep communication clear and flowing between ambassadors, partners and key stakeholders
- Supporting school-district onboarding processes for key partnerships in each county
B. Plan/Implement Scholarship Academy Courses: The Program Manager will help ensure that support staff, volunteers and Scholarship Academy Ambassadors are informed about upcoming scholarship opportunities, and program-wide events, and will help to coordinate those events as assigned. Responsibilities will include:
- Designing additional scholarship preparatory curriculum modules for 9th- 12th grade cohorts
- Recruiting and training Scholarship Academy staff and volunteers
- Communicating with partner organizations, vendors and sponsors
- Coordinating Scholarship Academy courses at each partner site and collecting data and report outcomes to share with partner organizations and key stakeholders
- Establishing a productive and respectful rapport with partners and community members
- Providing outcomes (i.e. deliverables) when requested.
C. Evaluate, Track and Report on Progress: Assist Executive Director in the tracking, evaluation and reporting of student progress in all major program areas,. Program Manager will assume some of the responsibilities pertinent to the maintenance of member files and web reporting of curriculum usage, etc.
IV. How To Apply
To apply, submit résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More searches like this
- Education / Teaching Youth Development $50,000 - $59,999 Contract / Freelance jobs in Atlanta
- Event Planning Youth Development $50,000 - $59,999 Contract / Freelance jobs in Atlanta
- Program / Project Management Youth Development $50,000 - $59,999 Contract / Freelance jobs in Atlanta
- Volunteer Services Youth Development $50,000 - $59,999 Contract / Freelance jobs in Atlanta