Spanish Services & Community Outreach Associate (Bilingual)
6 days left
- Experience Level
BACKGROUND & SUMMARY
Kara seeks an individual who desires to be an integral member of our team providing bereavement support in English and Spanish to grieving adults, children and families affected by the death of a significant relationship.
Please Submit COVER LETTER and RESUME to firstname.lastname@example.org
Flexing service time between two growing programs, the Spanish Services & Community Outreach Associate will: a) work under the supervision of the Spanish Services Director to ensure efficient and effective client support is delivered through our Spanish Services program, and b) work under the supervision of the Community Outreach Director, participating in the preparation, execution, and follow-up of crisis response interventions in the community following a tragedy or death, and supporting training and education events. A passion for our mission of serving the bereaved combined with proven interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills are keys for success. Duties will include but are not limited to the following:
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities
- Facilitate individual and group grief support debriefings (within three months of initial training), for clients in the community impacted by death and loss.
- Conduct administrative and operational tasks related to crisis response and Spanish services requests, including follow up communications with clients and timely entry of organizational
information, statistics, and service evaluations in agency database.
- Assist in enlisting, coordinating, and preparing Kara’s crisis response team members in response to a service request
- During crisis response events, oversee and monitor the service team’s work, and ensure appropriate resources and materials are prepared & distributed.
- After each crisis response event, debrief team members, and communicate with the Community Outreach Director.
- Assist with training, supporting, and recruiting new Community Outreach crisis response team members and Spanish Services volunteers.
- Organizes, attends and/or participates in special outreach events that promote and advocate the Spanish services program as well as educational trainings and presentations.
- Manages and maintains all Spanish services related materials, supplies and site resources.
- Maintains current information on community and social services resources that supplement grief services and the needs in the community.
- Collaborates with interagency programs and utilizes additional resources to complete tasks in promoting and marketing Spanish services.
- Establishes, collaborates, builds and maintains strong partnerships with other grief support, wellness and community organizations.
- Assists with the facilitation, implementation and coordination of Spanish services community peer support groups.
Essential Competencies (Values, Skills and Abilities)
- Keen understanding of Kara's mission and a commitment to our guiding values of empathy and compassion
- Fluency in Spanish and English
- A client-centered and culturally attuned appreciation for the challenges of individuals and families navigating loss and grief
- Flexible, resourceful and innovative; strong initiative and follow-through skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills; a team player and a team builder
- Positive attitude and sense of humor
- Quick to learn, and devise or apply ideas; and willingness to ask for help
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work successfully under pressure in unpredictable service locations and with minimal supervision
- Excellent organizational, time management, planning and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Apps Suite (mail, calendar, tasks, drive file stream, docs), Internet navigation, and Database (cloud & software) applications,
- Ability to embrace and maintain confidentiality
- High standard of professionalism and integrity
- Ability to work evenings and weekends periodically
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent work experience)
- Languages: English and Spanish (Bi-lingual)
- Experience working with Hispanic, at risk, underserved populations or understanding of cultural and social factors affecting these communities.
- Experience working with community organizations a plus
- Experience as a Kara volunteer or similar program requiring understanding of grief and loss support structures a plus
Compensation & Benefits
- 30 to 40 hours per week (non-exempt)
- Flexible hours supporting two programs (Spanish Services and Community Outreach & Education Services)
- $24 - $26 per hour
- Employer paid group health benefits (medical, vision, dental)
- 403b and FSA options (employee paid)
Please Submit COVER LETTER and RESUME to email@example.com
Peer-based services offer emotional support to those grieving a death or coping with a terminal illness (their own or another's) in a culturally attuned program to the Latinx community. Our peer support model advocates listening,
speaking, and acting from the heart in service to others with the goal of providing compassionate, non-judgmental support. Services include:
- Individual Peer Support
- Group Peer Support
- Presentations and Education Events
Community Outreach & Education Services
Our community outreach team is comprised of professionals and peer support volunteers who have been trained in helping people deal with Critical Incident Stress and Post Traumatic Stress. The team provides peer support, crisis intervention, and educational programs that address Critical Incident Stress and Post Traumatic Stress, including:
- On-site support services
- Defusings and debriefings
- Pre-incident training
- Individual grief support
- Family grief support
- Presentations to schools and community organizations
- Trainings for professionals who encounter Critical Incident Stress in their work
More searches like this
- Administrative / Clerical Human Services $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Menlo Park
- Direct Service / Social Service Human Services $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Menlo Park
- Program / Project Management Human Services $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Menlo Park
- Social Work / Counseling Human Services $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Menlo Park