Foster Care Licensing Specialist
- Experience Level
Become a part of a dynamic team that is creating brighter futures for Georgia’s foster children! Located in Fayetteville, GA, Bloom Our Youth, Inc. (“Bloom”) is a non-profit organization whose mission is to strengthen children in foster care and empower the families who care for them. Bloom’s foster care program is fueled by an outcome-driven, trauma- informed approach and has grown its service capacity 250% in the last 5 years. To maintain our high standards of excellence and emphasis on off-the-charts customer service and family support, we are seeking an experienced Licensing Specialist who will view the job as a higher calling and help take our foster care program to the next level.
JOB TITLE: Licensing Specialist III
REPORTS TO: Director of Foster Care Services
- Master’s Degree in a Social Services field is preferred or a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field with at least two years’ experience working with youth and families.
- SAFE and IMPACT certification required.
- Extremely organized, detail-oriented and able to meet deadlines.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must possess a current Georgia Driver’s License, have reliable auto with liability insurance and be able to pass a variety of background checks.
The Licensing Specialist is responsible for providing comprehensive services to prospective foster families by completing initial assessments, home evaluations, re-licensing home evaluations, and certification training. This position will also provide ongoing support to foster parents.
Licensing and Certification Training
- Facilitates IMPACT/NTDC training sessions.
- Conducts a minimum of 3 in-home visits with prospective foster parents.
- Writes home evaluations in compliance with the Office of Provider Management, Office of Residential Childcare, and Bloom.
- Completes all agency Pre-Service trainings prior to home licensure, i.e. water safety, agency policies and procedures, CPR/First Aid, Reasonable and Prudent Parenting, etc.
Foster Home Compliance
- Maintains foster parent case records in accordance with program and contract requirements.
- Responds to any inquiries from the Department of Family and Children Services, OPM, and ORCC regarding foster home compliance issues.
- Assists the Foster Care Program Director in completing Foster Home Policy Violation Assessments as needed.
Foster Home Re-Licensure
- Conducts and submits renewal licensing SAFE Home Studies.
- Develops yearly training goals with foster homes according to their re-licensure needs.
Foster Parent Training
- In conjunction with the Recruitment and Retention Specialist, ensures that all ongoing training requirements are met for each foster family.
- Other duties as assigned.
This is a full-time position requiring flexibility of schedule. Some weekends and nights required. Travel throughout south metro Atlanta area, Fayette County, and surrounding areas.