Operations Manager (Remote)
- Position Type
- Full Time
About Axis Talent Partners:
Axis Talent Partners is an executive search and talent strategy firm, founded and led by women of color, that partners with social impact organizations to provide search services and talent solutions that are grounded in relationship building and centered in equity and inclusivity. We exist as a practice because we are dedicated to advancing access and opportunity for people of color and historically marginalized identities, and this mission is the north star for our external work and our internal goals and practices.
For nearly a decade, we have been honored to partner with a broad range, size, and type of social impact organizations, spanning issue areas from education equity to environmental justice to hunger to reproductive rights to LGBTQ advocacy to criminal justice reform. In 2019, 90% of the leaders we placed are people of color, and, in our time as a practice, over a third of our clients have engaged with us repeatedly. We are known for being trusted advisors, delivering highly personalized service, and operationalizing anti oppressive practice and inclusivity in our work and values.
About The Opportunity:
Joining our lean team of partners and consultants, the Operations Manager will play an integral role in helping to grow our practice, strengthening and refining our internal systems, and maximizing our core business. The Operations Manager will continue building out and optimizing our internal operating and knowledge management systems to ensure that the practice and partners are functioning optimally and efficiently. The Operations Manager will also provide operational support for our search engagements including research, application management and screening, and supporting client management.
This is an opportunity to significantly impact the way a boutique and reputable search practice, dedicated to racial equity and justice, functions and delivers its mission. It is also an opportunity to learn from talent experts with decades of experience, and chart your own growth trajectory in a progressive, non-conventional work paradigm where work life balance, autonomy, flexibility, and shared decision making and authority are seriously cultivated and protected.
How You Will Contribute:
- Enterprise Systems Management: Manage and continually optimize our internal systems (Salesforce, JazzHR ATS, Asana, Google Drive) to ensure a high degree of efficiency and high quality data capture, reporting, and user-friendliness.
- Business Development & Client Management Support: Provide operational support for client management and business development including conducting research, compiling data, and preparing information for partners related to new client inquiries, tracking business development opportunities and billing, and monitoring progress on current engagements.
- Team Meeting & Planning: Work with CEO & Managing Partner to drive internal team meeting agendas; project manage follow up items and support meeting and planning cycles.
- Search Support: Partner with the partners and search consultant team to provide operational support on high priority client engagements including research and sourcing, applicant management and screening, and client document and tool creation.
- Technology & Social Media Tools: In collaboration with social media and other infrastructure consultants, manage our social media and technology platforms.
What Qualifies You:
- Mission Alignment: You are energized by our mission to support social justice organizations with equity-focused talent solutions and hiring leaders of color.
- Systems, Operations, and Process Orientation: You bring expertise in, and passion for, enterprise system optimization and management; experience implementing and improving systems and tools that increase business functioning or efficiency; and experience with Salesforce, Google platforms & tools, Asana, and applicant tracking systems preferred.
- Project Management: You are an exceptional project manager with an eye toward detail and organization; you have the ability to autonomously drive work forward, but also a strong sense of when to engage other teammates for support, and you are highly skilled at managing up and across.
- Relationship Centered: Whether introverted or extraverted you are skilled at connecting with others, in person and virtually; you seek to understand, listen deeply, and synthesize themes to develop an analysis.
- Adaptable & Flexible: You truly thrive in highly flexible, autonomous work contexts; you are willing to pivot on short notice; you seek out support and collaboration and build relationships virtually; you are comfortable in lean environments where things are still being figured out.
- Tech & Social Media Savvy: You understand technological and social media tools’ use and purpose, and are comfortable navigating and leveraging them.
What We Offer You:
- Competitive compensation with generous bonus structure, 401K, and profit sharing program
- Extremely flexible and remote work environment
- Health benefits and generous time off that increases progressively with tenure, including sabbatical program
- Generous stipends for professional development, co-working space, cell phone, and laptop
- Culture focused on collaboration, inclusivity, and self care, that holds work life balance at a premium in which all team members are encouraged to work a maximum of 30 hours a week on average
- Opportunity to chart own growth and development trajectory