Sustainer Program Coordinator
7 days left
- Experience Level
Earthjustice is the premier nonprofit environmental law organization. We take on the biggest, most precedent-setting cases across the country. We wield the power of law and the strength of partnership to protect people’s health; to preserve magnificent places and wildlife; to advance clean energy; and to combat climate change. We partner with thousands of groups, supporters, individuals and communities to engage the critical environmental issues of our time, and bring about positive change. We are here because the earth needs a good lawyer.
Founded in 1971, Earthjustice has a distinguished track record of achieving significant, lasting environmental protections. We achieve this by hiring people who share a passion for justice and a healthy environment. Our headquarters are in San Francisco with offices in Anchorage, Juneau, Los Angeles, Miami, Tallahassee, Honolulu, New York, Philadelphia, Denver, Seattle, Bozeman, Chicago, and Washington, DC.
In addition to a talented cadre of environmental lawyers, legislative advocates, and other staff, Earthjustice has a robust and savvy communications team that works in strategic partnership with every department at the organization to advance our public affairs and public relations objectives. We are currently looking for a Sustainer Program Coordinator who is able to build constructive and effective relationships within the communications and development teams, administrative, and program staff. The Sustainer Program Coordinator will develop and implement a comprehensive acquisition, cultivation and stewardship program for members of the Earthjustice monthly giving program. The Coordinator engages sustainers through curated communications and outreach in an effort to deepen their relationship with the organization, build identity within the group, and demonstrate the impact of their giving. The Sustainer Program Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the development of special engagement opportunities, marketing and stewardship materials, and brand management. Working closely with the Senior Digital Fundraising and Engagement Manager and the Senior Direct Marketing Strategist, the Sustainer Program Coordinator helps inform strategies for reinstatement, renewal and upgrade campaigns specifically targeted to the donor giving circle.
This position reports to the Senior Digital Fundraising and Engagement Manager. This position is based at headquarters in the San Francisco, CA office.
Program Management and Strategy (40%)
- Work with the Senior Digital Fundraising and Engagement Manager a to create the annual budget and goals
- Provide leadership and implement the vision for a growing sustainer program to increase donors and revenue.
- Develop an appropriate outreach plan and manage an annual stewardship calendar that demonstrates appreciation, recognition and engagement of donors, ensuring collaboration across teams.
- Inform the implementation and on-going strategy for sustainer acknowledgement letters, working closely with the Outreach and Membership Services Manager and Development Operations team.
- Strategize with the Senior Digital Fundraising and Engagement Manager and the Senior Direct Marketing Strategist on email solicitation efforts, review, and edit copy for direct marketing efforts.(more broadly defined: Integrate strategies and tactics for this program across all channels, including direct mail, email, e-newsletters, web-based promotions, web forms, and social media
- Maintain functional knowledge of program work to synthesize and package complex information into accessible communications for sustainers.
Donor Stewardship and engagement (30%)
- Ensure consistent brand, voice, and strategy across channels for acquisition, solicitation and stewardship.
- Coordinate with Sr. Manager of Digital Fundraising and Engagement to ensure sustaining donors receive a custom email experience.
- Collaborate with Outreach & Membership Services Manager to create and execute stewardship activities, including monthly donor acknowledgment and email responses
Analysis tracking and Database management (30%)
- Track and analyze key metrics to make recommendations for programmatic growth.
- Manage the back-end maintenance and hygiene of the sustainer data
- Regularly evaluate systems and processes, in concert with Outreach & Membership Services and Development Operations teams, to ensure maximum efficiency and revenue with a focus on retention and recovery processes.
- Attend yearly benchmarking meetings
Furthering Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) at Earthjustice (Ongoing)
- Proactively pursue and utilize internal and external resources to support a personal and professional development journey that increases awareness and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds and orientations.
- Participate in internal committees and working groups to further institutional priorities and build an inclusive and equitable work environment that encourages and celebrates differences.
- Ensure the incorporation of inclusive practices in all duties and responsibilities, on a consistent and ongoing basis, including but not limited to verbal and written interactions with constituents and Earthjustice staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus a minimum of four years relevant experience, or Associate’s degree plus a minimum of six years of relevant experience required.
- Strong knowledge of eCRM software is required
- Demonstrated proficiency with Excel
- Forward thinking, problem solver and independent.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including demonstrated experience writing effective correspondence, proofreading and copy-editing
- Exemplary organizational skills, including ability to handle multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and prioritize assignments.
- Background and interest in environmental issues, racial justice, or social justice preferred.
- Demonstrates an awareness and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds and orientations.
- Contributes to the creation of a diverse, equitable and inclusive work culture that encourages and celebrates differences.
Salary is based on experience and location.
Salary range in San Francisco, CA: $73,400- $81,500
We offer a mission- and employee-focused work environment and a competitive compensation package, including excellent benefits.
Interested candidates must submit the following via Jobvite:
- Cover Letter
Please reach out to email@example.com if you are having technical difficulties submitting your application.
No phone calls, drop-ins, or hard copies.
Earthjustice is driven by a passion for justice, partnership and excellence. Our core values lead us to seek a broad range of perspectives and backgrounds to achieve our mission and to maintain an inclusive environment where all staff are valued and respected. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to employment practices that ensure that employees and applicants for employment are provided with equal opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the position.
For positions located within the City and County of San Francisco: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For positions located within the City of Los Angeles: We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.