Director of Programs - Strategy, Analytics, Evaluation, Systems & Technology
- Position Type
- Full Time
Are you a skilled Programs Professional who believes in lending your skills to end hunger? If so, consider being the Director of Programs - Strategy, Analytics, Evaluation, Systems & Technology for the San Francisco Marin Food Bank.
The SF Marin Food Bank is comprised of a dedicated team of approximately 150 staff working collaboratively to provide close to 50 million pounds of food to over 210,000 people in the Bay Area – a region where 1 in 4 people are at risk of hunger. We are currently looking for a Director of Programs - Strategy, Analytics, Evaluation, Systems & Technology to help with overseeing a complex, multi-channel Programs department that delivers against the organizations mission to end hunger. See the job description below and apply today if you would like to join us in our mission to end hunger.
The Director of Programs – Strategy, Analytics, Evaluation, Systems & Technology leads departmental Strategy, including innovation, planning, budgeting, monitoring and reporting, Analytics, including information collection, management and analysis, Evaluation, including program monitoring, evaluation and research and Systems/Technology including managing and upgrading information systems. S/he will work closely with the Business Intelligence (BI) and Information Technology (IT) teams to ensure that the Programs department has the appropriate technology and systems in place, and s/he will partner with the BI team to ensure that the department is collecting, monitoring, and analyzing data, evaluating programming and performing useful research to best support the organizational needs. S/he will marshal the resources required to effectively develop and manage programs and grants as assigned to meet the Food Bank’s strategic goals, ensuring that we are advancing towards our mission to end hunger in San Francisco and Marin counties.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
Strategy, Analytics and Evaluation
- Effectively and efficiently guide and support departmental project, annual and strategic planning and budgeting to be SMARTIE and in alignment with organizational strategies and values
- Measure the department’s success towards project, annual and strategic plans and budgets and facilitate efforts to identify and rectify variances and their causes
- Oversee the creation and management of a framework, business processes and working group for agile innovation as well as collaboration with relevant teams to design, implement and iterate on pilot innovations
- Work with Director of Business Intelligence to oversee department data collection, analytics and reporting, including design and utilization of departmental dashboards
- Analyze effectiveness of current programs and business processes and make detailed recommendations for improvement, in line with organizational strategy and budget
- Convene regular stakeholder groups to discuss program performance and impact
- Oversee program monitoring, evaluation and research
Systems and Technology
- Oversee departmental data collection systems and technology, spearheading training, best practices, data integrity, reporting, maintenance, design and upgrades
- Direct collaboration with the Business Intelligence and Information Technology teams to optimize department data gathering, use, sharing, maintenance and/or purging and technology design and upgrades
Program & Project Development and Management
- Develop, promote, manage and continually improve effectiveness, sustainability, inclusivity and equity of assigned programs and projects within allocated resources to increase impact as assigned
Grants & Budgets
- Oversee the provision of departmental data and analytics for grants and contracts
- Collaborate with Development, Finance and Programs staff to develop, negotiate, manage and report and invoice for private and public grants as assigned
- Develop and oversee teams’ and programs’ budgets to efficiently and effectively leverage organizational resources
- Build effective, integrated, collaborative and inclusive teams by leading the hiring, development and management of diverse staff and volunteers toward greater professional achievement in both the San Francisco and Marin offices
- Provide authentic and inspirational leadership and ensure accountability to individual and team goals
- Oversee teams’ work planning and performance evaluations
- Select and manage external consultants as needed
- Represent the department and the Food Bank at relevant internal and external meetings, hearings, interviews and forums as requested and collaborate with appropriate private and public organizations to further our mission
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Diverse teams in SF and Marin Communities appropriately staffed, resourced, developed, managed, engaged and committed to their programs, team, department and organization
- Pilots, programs, systems and technology designed, managed, upgraded and evaluated efficiently, effectively and within timelines and budgets
- Plans and budgets meet funder and strategic organizational goals and measures
- Key stakeholders receive the information, guidance and support they need in an accurate, efficient and timely way
- Grants and contract deliverables executed to optimize outcomes
- Effective policies and procedures created, maintained and updated regularly
- BA or equivalent relevant experience
- Minimum 5 years managing diverse teams of staff and/or strategic org wide processes
- Demonstrated success in managing, monitoring and evaluating comparable programs and efforts
- Experience managing a major organizational database, preferably client or customer relationship-management focused and ideally with success managing the implementation or upgrade of a similar system
- Background in systems management and/or program monitoring and evaluation
- Knowledge of Food Bank programs, systems, technology and regulations
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word etc.) including advanced excel skills
- Excellent research, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational, time, project and change management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to clearly communicate data-related work and information for technical and lay audiences alike
- Ability to listen, identify, analyze, and guide lay users through system and procedural problems
- Ability to work efficiently, independently and as part of a team; to communicate regularly; and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in SPSS, SAS, STATA and/or other statistical reporting tools
- ArcGIS or comparable mapping experience
- Jet report and tableau proficiency
- Experience with Microsoft Navision/Enterprise software
Certificates, License, registration:
- Drivers license desirable
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
(The physical and environmental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
ENVIRONMENT: Standard office with some travel to program sites
FINGER DEXTERITY: Requires typing on standard computer.
TALKING: Ability to speak on phone and face to face.
HEARING: Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
REPETITIVE MOTIONS: Frequent and regular movements using the wrists, hands, and fingers.
AVERAGE VISUAL ABILITIES: Average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary to view computer screens and documents.
PHYSICAL STRENGTH: NOT APPLICABLE.
COMMUNICATION AND COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of complex intellectual and practical problems.
MATHEMATICS ABILITY: Ability to perform advanced math skills, use decimals to compute ratios and percentages, and to draw and interpret graphs.
LANGUAGE ABILITY: Fluency in English. Demonstrated excellence in writing and editing.
SALARY: Competitive pay based on qualifications and experience
BENEFITS: Medical, dental, life, long-term disability, and 403(b) retirement plan with employer base and matching contribution. Generous holidays, vacation, and sick time.
The San Francisco-Marin Food Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.