Victims of Violence Case Manager
5 days left
- Degree Level
Victims of Violence Case Manager
About LAA: The mission of the Latin American Association (LAA) is to empower Latinos to adapt, integrate and thrive. Our vision is ‘Opportunity for all.’
Founded in 1972 to serve Atlanta’s then-emerging Latino population, the LAA has grown to become the region’s leading agency representing Latino issues. The LAA invests in individuals’ and families’ abilities to pursue education, employment and other opportunities that lead to improved economic stability and quality of life. Our 44 year history and community-based mission render the organization truly unique in its work and capabilities. The LAA stands as the oldest, most trusted and only fully bilingual organization in the region focused exclusively on the needs and concerns of the Latino community.
Serving nearly 55,000 individuals each year, the LAA offers Atlanta area Latinos an extensive range of evidence-based services, programs and supports to help them fully and successfully integrate into the community. Our focus areas & programs include: Family Well Being; Economic Empowerment; Immigration Legal Services; Youth Education and Advocacy.
Job Title: Victims of Violence Case Manager
Department: Family Stabilization and Well-Being and Immigration
Services Reports to: Managing Director of Family Stabilization and Well-Being
Status: Full-Time Position 40 hours
Location: Atlanta Office
The Latin American Association (LAA) seeks a talented professional to provide legal and social service support to victims of domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, and stalking. This is a 2-year appointment made possible by the Department of Justice Grant for Culturally Specific Services Grant. Continuation of the position after two years is based on funding.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a liaison between the Immigration Services and Family Stabilization and Well-Being Departments
- Provide intensive support services to victims of domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, and stalking
- Connects clients with stabilizing LAA resources and services, as well as referrals and access to stabilizing community resources with scheduled follow-up
- Manage client case files and assist clients in filing Temporary Protective Orders (TPOs)
- Escort clients to court when needed
- Conduct outreach in the local community, as assigned
- Conduct client intake and schedule new client consultations
- Document communications and filings in case management system
- Communicate with relevant agencies and organizations
- Provide translation services of client documentation, where required
- Maintain client confidentiality at all times
- Provide training to the community on related topics
- Maintain data on clients and assist in the completion of grant reporting
- Complete qualitative and quantitative reports and success stories for both departments
- Comply with all organizational, departmental and program guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Fluency in English AND Spanish REQUIRED (both written and oral)
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Strong organizational skills and attentive to detail
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong analytical and writing skills
- Excellent computer skills and office administration skills
- Sensitive to needs of low-income and culturally diverse clientele
- Experience working with immigrant communities preferred
- Any other duties that may arise in carrying out the work
Salary commensurate with experience and background.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform other related duties as may be required by their supervisor. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Learn more about the LAA at www.thelaa.org
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com