4 days left
- Experience Level
Position: Referral Coordinator
Agency: Atlanta/Fulton County Pre-Arrest Diversion Initiative
Classification: Full Time (Non-Exempt)
Supervisor: Director of Diversions, Atlanta/Fulton County Pre-Arrest Diversion Initiative
The Atlanta/Fulton County Pre-Arrest Diversion (PAD) Initiative seeks a Referral Coordinator who is responsible for screening referrals to PAD through the law enforcement referral line and the ATL311 city non-emergency services line. The Referral Coordinator will accept, screen, document, and dispatch PAD staff to respond to referral calls or email requests. The Referral Coordinator will work closely with a PAD Harm Reduction team to provide either immediate response or schedule outreach activities. The goal of our services is to provide a consent-based, relationship-building approach to reduce the harm of behaviors that are often criminalized, and address the root causes of substance use, mental health concerns, and extreme poverty to promote long-term wellness and safety.
- Answer and assess diversion referral calls from law enforcement officers who have probable cause to arrest; conduct phone screening with officers and assess eligibility for PAD diversion;
- Review service request emails from ATL 311 non-emergency city services line, to coordinate a response to community referral requests;
- Triage all “immediate response” diversions or referrals to dispatch PAD Harm Reduction teams within 30 minutes;
- Review and prioritize “outreach request” referrals and coordinate with PAD Harm Reduction team and other street outreach teams to ensure a response within 72 hours;
- Work closely with partner agencies to share information (as appropriate), provide reconnection and warm hand-offs for individuals who have established relationships with those partners;
- Communicate with ATL 311 on service delays or other issues;
- Provide email or phone follow-up to referring officers or community members;
- Maintain call records according to established standards and document call disposition within an electronic data management system;
- Increase community awareness of harm reduction, recovery and resource needs by providing education to referring law enforcement, neighborhood and business stakeholders related to specific community concerns;
- Maintain individual privacy in accordance with HIPAA.
- Two years of experience conducting intake, assessment, and triage related to unmet mental health needs, substance use, or extreme poverty;
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills;
- Educational and/or professional background in Social Work, Psychology, or any helping profession;
- Proficient computer skills utilizing database and office suite software;
- Exemplary interpersonal skills and excellent customer service;
- People with lived experience of incarceration, recovery, homelessness, and those who identify as Trans or LGBQ strongly encouraged to apply.
PAD provides a salary range of $45,000-$48,000, comprehensive benefits, and a strong vacation policy in a people-centered environment.
APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT MEET THESE REQUIREMENTS WILL NOT BE REVIEWED:
- A cover letter which:
- describes your experience with assessment and intake, and
- gives an example of harm reduction from your own experience
- A resume
DEADLINE: October 12th
SUBMISSION: Send in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Atlanta/Fulton County Pre-Arrest Diversion Initiative is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, age, qualified handicap or disabled status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.