- Position Type
- Full Time
The NutritionFacts.org Design Director is responsible for organizing and executing design projects, prioritizing creative requests, and helping the organization reach its strategic goals through creative thinking, artistic ability, and problem solving.
The Design Director conceptualizes and maintains NutritionFacts.org’s branding guidelines. Specific responsibilities include: designing and creating graphics to meet the organization’s promotional needs for our videos, websites, books, cookbooks, various social media platforms, digital display networks, email marketing efforts, and other items.
Along with graphic design, this position also oversees and coordinates the production of our video content.
The Design Director has the possibility of collaborating with our Chief Tech Officer on website layouts, but will not work directly on UX. Similarly, the Design Director will work closely with the Director of Nutrition and Social Media Strategy and Digital Outreach Director, but won’t be working directly on social media strategy.
The ideal Design Director thinks creatively to develop new and engaging graphics, while promoting and affirming the NutritionFacts.org brand, and must be able to coordinate effectively with different teams, determine and follow through on deadlines, react quickly to unexpected and time-sensitive projects, and keep track of and follow up on multiple iterations of simultaneous design projects.
The Design Director:
- Collaboratively develops, manages, and delivers creative campaigns
- Creates designs, concepts, infographics, and layouts for use on NutritionFacts.org’s various websites and social media platforms
- Develops designs for products
- Sources and manages creative contractors to help produce assets for larger efforts
- Oversees the video content production process, helping to schedule and collaborate with our external video team
- Creates and designs layout for NutritionFacts.org educational literature
- Works with other departments to set production schedules and deadlines for design projects
- Manages files and creative assets using both traditional file storage and a digital asset management system
- Engages with and oversees volunteers and/or interns when available
- Thinks creatively to develop new design concepts, graphics, and layouts to help achieve NutritionFacts.org’s strategic goals