Consultant, Outsourced Services
- Willingness to Travel
- up to 25%
Fiscal Management Associates (FMA) is a growth-oriented management consulting firm dedicated to building the capacity of the nonprofit sector. We partner with nonprofits, philanthropy, and government to help organizations attain operational excellence, ensure financial sustainability and effectively achieve their desired impact. Our collaborative approach includes client input and involvement at each stage of an engagement.
FMA is made up of a highly diverse team, coming from a wide range of cultural and economic backgrounds and representing a spectrum of experience, race, age, gender, ethnicity, ability, and sexual orientation. A Latina-founded and led organization, FMA draws upon its staff to deliver services that are sensitive to the needs and values of both nonprofit and funding organizations.
Our team works with leaders who are organizing youth movements, fighting against racial and gender inequities, using art for civic engagement, and providing fundamental services to those who need it most, to name a few. Our consulting and training services have consistently earned recognition for their pragmatism and relevance.
FMA is seeking a Consultant to provide accounting and consulting services to clients within established firm and accounting guidelines. The Consultant will work with the FMA Outsourcing team to provide accounting services and participate in client financial transactions. This individual may oversee small client engagements and will contribute to the mentoring and training of other staff while learning from Senior Consultants, Lead Consultants, and Directors. This individual will report to the NYC office and will be expected to work with East Coast clients, however remote work is an option.
What You’ll Do
- Deliver not-for-profit financial outsourcing services. Services include, but are not limited to: audit support packages, budget development and cash flow planning, software implementation and training, senior level accounting services (balance sheet reconciliations/analysis, monthly close, preparation of financial statements, etc.).
- Assist the Associate Consulting team in completion of basic accounting and/or consulting tasks.
- Represent the client during the audit process and liaise with the audit team.
- Present to outside clients, Boards of Directors and FMA Team members on an as needed basis.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with client contacts.
- Understand and track personal realization and utilization metrics.
- Contribute to the development of new products, new client service tools, and client templates, and help to improve client and FMA processes.
- Participate in planning and case management activities.
- Attend, and present at relevant trainings, conferences, and networking events.
- In conjunction with Senior Consultants and Lead Consultants, oversee Associate Consultants for outsourcing and software implementation.
Who You Are
- You have a 4-year degree in Business Administration (or similar field) with a major in accounting required.
- You have a minimum of 3 years as an accountant (nonprofit setting preferred, but not required).
- You are a licensed Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or willing to progress professionally towards obtaining a CPA certificate.
- You have strong knowledge of Accounting Software products (Intacct, QuickBooks, Financial Edge), Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Office.
- You have a track record of being collaborative, proactive, independent, and flexible.
- You possess the ability to adapt easily to changing client demands.
- You have excellent communication skills, customer service orientation, and strong relationship building skills.
Our employees are encouraged and supported as they develop a broad range of skills through customized professional and ongoing mentoring. We offer a highly collaborative environment, career enhancing work, competitive compensation, and full benefits.
To be considered for this role, please submit a resume and cover letter.
FMA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability status, sexual orientation, or gender identity of an otherwise qualified individual, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law. FMA hires and promotes individuals on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. FMA is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages diverse applicants to apply for this position.